Recea ships HERO4 Session housing
Recsea has released a housing for the GoPro HERO4 Session POV camera. Featuring a maximum depth of 300m (984 feet), the housing offers full camera function control and is machined from aluminum. Recsea can also supply color-correcting filters for the housing.
Video: Behind the scenes with Zena Holloway
Borneo from Below: Photographing Paradise
The latest Borneo from Below episode has been released. This week Bertie sets out in pursuit of five iconic underwater travel photographs in the waters surrounding Borneo.
Seacam ships Prelude housing for D750 and 7D Mark II
Zen Underwater updates its 230mm dome port for Nauticam
Zen Underwater](http://www.zenunderwater.com/index.php) has announced that they have discontinued their original DP230 glass dome with Nauticam bayonet fitting. Its replacement, the DP-230-N120-1124 features a larger inner diameter to accommodate the Canon 11-24 lens, when used in conjunction with the Nauticam 70mm extension specifically designed for it. The new port also ships with a user installable locking tab to allow it to be used with other Nauticam extension rings.
Bird’s Head Manta ID database launches
The Bird’s Head Seascape site and the Indonesia Manta Project have partnered to develop an online research tool that seeks to better understand manta ray via photo identification. The BHS Manta ID site offers the opportunity for individuals to upload images of mantas photographed within the archipelago. The manta’s markings can be compared and a database of individual animals and their movements be built up.
Call for entries: Beneath the Sea 2016
Beneath the Sea 2016 is calling for entries. There are three awards available: The David Doubilet award for photography, the Stan Waterman for video and the Jim Church for creative photography. The winners will be announced at the Beneath the Sea show which will be running from 1 to 3 April 2016. The deadline for entries is 31 December 2015.
Image: The Approach by Allen Walker
- 35,000 walrus come ashore in NW Alaska (via )
- Panasonic releases firmware update for GH4 (via )
- Silent divers count more fish (via )
- Canon updates DPP, EOS Movie, EOS Utility and Picture Style… (via )
- Six production companies get ok from FAA to use drones (via )
- Canon USA releases guide to AF on 7D Mark II (PDF) (via )
- Blue whale populations off California near historic levels (via )
- Woman pays tribute to departed fiance with uw photo shoot (via )
- Leonardo DiCaprio’s 2014 UN climate speech (via )
- Scuba diver stays underwater for 51 hours breaks world record (via )