WWF: Living Blue Planet Report 2015
The newly released WWF Living Blue Planet Report of 2015 suggests that populations of marine life have declined by half since 1970. The research tracks 5,829 populations of 1,234 mammal, bird, reptile, and fish species in the oceans. The data is then analyzed by scientists at the Zoological Society of London. (Image from Shutterstock)
Borneo from Below: The most unique dive resort on earth
Sony announces uncompressed RAW output on α series cameras
Review: Seacam Vacuum Test system
Vacuum housing systems have become de rigueur over the past couple of years, with almost all the major housing manufacturers offering them as either standard fitment, or as an option. Wetpixel Editor Adam Hanlon reviews Seacam’s new Vacuum Test system, including both DIY installation and use in the field.
Photoshelter asks: Do I still need a website?
The Photoshelter blog has posted an article entitled “Do I still need a website” by Allen Murabayashi. In it, he reiterates the point that although social media is a great way for creatives to get their work being viewed, it is almost impossible to use them to provide income. In addition, websites allow you to control the way imagery is presented, can be used to enhance SEO and can offer storage, delivery and client proofing tools.
Available: 2015 Complete Photography Bundle
DIVE celebrates 20 years
DIVE magazine is celebrating its 20 year anniversary with the issue of a special print edition. In keeping with its “20” theme, the special edition features the 20 top diving spots, 20 best wrecks, Douglas Seifert’s 20 favourite images and 20 contributors favourite moments in diving. The new edition also marks DIVE’s return to print publishing, with a quarterly print edition being launched.
Sony announces the FS5 compact 4K camcorder
Sony has announced the FS5 compact Super 35mm 4K camcorder. It features an e-mount allowing it to be used with sony α and E-mount lenses as well SLR lenses with an adaptor. The FS5 has built in ND filters and 10-bit 4:2:2 full HD 240fps High Frame Rate, with no sensor cropping.
- Anima Mundi issue 16 is available to download (via )
- Enormous mantis shrimp caught in Florida (via )
- Canon trails firmware update for C300/C500 for release in… (via )
- Seacam announces D810 housing-details to follow (via )
- Australia to scrap plan for dumping near Great Barrier Reef (via )
- British Wildlife Photography Awards 2014 announced (via )
- X-Ray Mag number 62 is available (via )
- Underwater Photography magazine issue 80 is now available to… (via )
- September issue of DIVE magazine available (via )
- Nikon updates D4s firmware to C:1:10 (via )