Video: Wakatobi Part 3 by Earth Touch
Earth Touch has continued their video exploration of Wakatobi in this week’s Wild Oceans episode. The video features more reef inhabitants, filmed by Stewart Whitfield. Amongst the species are Clark’s anemonefish (Amphiprion clarkii), the longnose butterflyfish (Forcipiger flavissimus) and the elusive freckled hawkfish (Paracirrhites forsteri).
Join Wetpixel in Raja Ampat in 2016
Sailors for the Sea launches Ocean Watch magazine
March issue of X Ray Mag available
The March 2015 issue of X Ray Magazine is now available for download. In issue #65, there are articles about Tiger Beach San Salvador and the Shark Feeder Program, Bahamas. In addition diving in Iceland, Malpelo, Kyrgyzstan and cave diving in China are featured along with GoPro use underwater.
Nauticam ships housing for Sony A7 Mark II
Nauticam has announced that their housing for the Sony a7 Mark II mirrorless camera is now shipping. The NA-A7II features lever controls for AF-ON, review and record. In addition, it features a switch to enable or disable the EVF. The port selection offers support for the Sony 16-25mm f4 rectilinear wide-angle zoom.
Video: Diving with a giant pyrosome
Video: Living Isle
Off the coast of Honduras is a chain of islands known as Cayos Cochinos. The islands have been recognized as a vital portion of the Meso-American Reef and are now protected as a marine sanctuary where commercial fishing is banned. However, the Garifuna people have been living and fishing there since the 18th century and continue to be allowed to do so to this day.
Video: Amanda Cotton Behind the Lens
Underwater photographer Amanda Cotton, in conjunction with Lee Burghard of Wild Shutter Imaging has posted a short film of her in action during a shoot. In the film she explains her motivation in shooting images: “I like to try and tell a story with my images, to show a connection between the person and the environment they find themselves in. The bond between a human being and nature….”
- Are we using too much Photoshop? (via )
- 325 million year old shark fossil discovered (via )
- Scientists solve case of CA red abalone die off (via )
- Eyefi launches cloud service, photos everywhere immediately (via )
- Daniel Botelho on assignment for NG (via )
- Pixels.com puts photographers in charge for a change (via )
- Nikon updates Capture NX to 2.4.7 (via )
- Jamaica reports decline in lionfish after national campaign (via )
- Humpback whales surf pipeline (via )
- Creative underwater portraits of children (via )