Wetpixel/Mustard Macro Workshop 2016
Cyclone Pam devastates Vanuatu
Tropical cyclone Pam has made landfall on the South Pacific island of Vanuatu and is causing significant damage, with the BBC reporting that dozens have died in the storm. Obviously, many members of the Wetpixel community are affected by this, and many more have visited and dived on the islands. For those directly affected by this, we hope that you are safe and that the damage to your property and businesses is limited. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. For those of us watching the events unfold at a distance, if you can contribute to the relief effort in any way, please do so.
GoAskErin tutorials: The Master List
Underwater photographer and post processing guru, Erin Quigley has posted a page on her blog giving the links to all her current GoAskErin Photoshop and Lightroom tutorials. These include “classics” like her backscatter removal and puppet warp tutorials as well how to use Lightrooms radial and graduated filter tools to “reposition” your strobes and using the adjustment brush to paint in exposure, clarity and contrast.
Two marine sanctuaries more than doubled in size
Two marine sanctuaries off the coast of northern California, The Gulf of the Farallones and Cordell Bank, will more than double in size after the Obama administration approved their expansion on March 12th.
First images of new volcanic island formed off Tonga
In December of 2014 the Hunga Tonga volcano erupted off the coast of Tonga. It formed a new island approximately one mile long and twenty-eight miles northwest of Tonga’s capital. This past week some adventurous locals visited the new island and captured some images, against the warnings of experts.
Raja site invites photo submissions
Registration open for SNUPS 2015
Video: Tofua’a: Seeing Eye to Eye with Tonga’s Humpback Whales.
- Komo News 2014 UW photo contest winners (via )
- Project to replace scuba tanks with solid air wins prize (via )
- 103-year old orca spotted in wild (via )
- Major firmware update for Nikon D800/800e (via )
- NG photo of the day by Thomas Bannenberg (via )
- Rare megamouth shark caught off Japan (via )
- OnOne offers Perfect Effects 8 for free (via )
- How to edit underwater images…. (via )
- X-Ray magazine issue 60 available to download (via )
- Wolffish by David Doubilet NG photo of the day (via )