Video: Cocos by Berkley White
Nauticam releases housing for Olympus Tough TG-3
Nauticam has released their housing for the Olympus Tough TG-3. The camera alone is waterproof to 50 feet without the housing and with the housing it is rated to 330 feet.
Adobe updates the Creative Cloud
Adobe has announced a slew of updates prior to its Keynote address at the Adobe Max Conference later today. Mobile apps feature, with updates to Lightroom Mobile, and a new mobile video editing app, Premiere Clip. Photoshop has been updated with integration into the Creative Cloud Libraries that can create and sync colors, brushes and text styles across all Creative Cloud applications.
Tony Wu identifies whale “super mum”
Underwater photographer and environmental researcher Tony Wu has been cataloguing the humpback whales (Megaptera novaeangliae) that visit the waters around Kingdom of Tonga each year to breed. In the course of this he has found that the individual female featured in Darren Rice’s video has now had 7 separate calves over a 15 year period and he has dubbed her “super mommy”.
Review: Seacam strobe adaptors
Adam Hanlon reviews a Seacam adaptor that allows Seaflash 150 strobes to be used with a wide variety of housings. Amongst other things, the adaptor allows the strobes to be used in TTL mode with Nikon cameras and also to be used with housings that have only one bulkhead available for strobe triggering.
Study into shark social behaviour
A new study published in the Behavioural Ecology and Sociobiology journal suggests that shark social behavior is determined by an individual’s predisposition to be social or not. This underlines the idea that individual sharks have differing behavioural characters, or to put it more bluntly, have personalities. Whilst this will come as no surprise to those that have experienced them in the wild, it does help to overcome the preconception that sharks are not sentient.
Nauticam releases the NA-5D Mk III Deep housing
Video: Amazing Whales of Foa Island, Ha’apai by Darren Rice
- Mexico bans capture of great whites (via )
- High speed liquid photography (via )
- Hawaii criticizes WA shark cull (via )
- 1956 message in a bottle from oceanographer just found (via )
- MV Kalabia - the floating classroom in Raja Ampat (via )
- New jellyfish species washes ashore in Tasmania (via )
- First fish removed from endangered species list (via )
- New JPG format rivals RAW for quality (via )
- Nikon looking at 4K video on its SLR cameras (via )
- The Japan Times questions the legitimacy of the Taji dolphin… (via )