Spaces available on Wetpixel Whale Sharks expedition
Due to a cancellation, we have two spaces available on our Ultimate Whale Sharks trip that is running from 07/26/2015 to 08/01/2015. The trip, led by Wetpixel Editor Adam Hanlon and underwater filmmaker Cristian Dimitrius, will provide amazing imaging opportunities at one of the most spectacular underwater events. Previous years have reliably enjoyed hundreds of whale sharks in a dense conglomeration.
Image: Wolf Eel by Peter Stenberg
FIX ships the Neo 3000 video light
FIX is shipping their Neo 3000 video light. Offering 3000 lumens with a spread of 100°, the light features interchangeable batteries and output that is variable in 1% increments. The batteries can be externally or internally charged as required and burn time is 55 minutes at full power.
Tutorial: Nikon autofocus by Steve Perry
Wildlife photographer Steve Perry of Backcountry Gallery has added a video tutorial about Nikon autofocus settings onto his YouTube channel. Although not specifically aimed at underwater photography and Nikon specific, it is an excellent overview of what each AF mode is and how to use the myriad of camera settings to best effect.
Canon issues service advisory for EOS Rebel T6s and T6i
Video: Confluence - man and sharks by Monty Halls
UK television presenter and marine biologist, Monty Halls, presented a talk entitled “Confluence - the turbulent relationship of man and shark” at the TEDxVilnius event in late April. In it, he describes the changes that he has observed in the oceans over the two decades of his lifetime and the prospects for the marine environment if the current industrial scale eradication of sharks is continued. (Image by Simon Rogerson)
MindShift Gear releases GP system
Inon is shipping their X-2 housing for the ESO 70D
- Japan’s prime minister confirms whale hunt to resume in… (via )
- Nikon NX-D software to be released for free in a week (via )
- Stunning school of mobula rays NG photo of the day (via )
- New TSA rules require batteries to be charged before flights (via )
- Issue 79 of Underwater Photography magazine available to download (via )
- Issue 61 of X-Ray magazine available to download (via )
- Fish are smart and feel pain (via )
- Milking a venomous stonefish (via )
- July issue of DIVE available to download (via )
- GoPro successfully goes public, valued at over $3B (via )