Inon announces the LF1000-S light
Inon has announced the release of their LF1000-S light. It outputs 1000 lumen with a 30°coverage and has two power settings. Power is provided by 3 x AA batteries, which give a burn time of 50 minutes at full power and there are a range of accessories available including mounting brackets.
Video: The kelp beds of the Tasman Peninsula
Over 97 percent of kelp forest stalks have disappeared in the last twenty years along the east coast of Tasmania. A combination of many factors, including wind and currents, has led to the decline. The Wild Australia video investigates the decline. (Photo from Shutterstock)
Save Our Seas launches conservation photography grant
Image: Shadi Samara’s lionfish
Final call: British Wildlife Photographer Awards
The British Wildlife Photographer Awards (BWPA) are making a final call for entries for their 2014 contest. Categories include “Marine and Coast”, and in previous years, underwater photographers have done well in the “Animal Portraits” category too. Entries must have been taken in the United Kingdom.
Review: CM custom strobe diffusers
Wetpixel Editor Adam Hanlon presents a review of CM custom strobe diffusers. These provide smooth even illumination and a superb quality of light, and are available for many popular strobes. Adam used both wide-angle and macro versions extensively during the review
Image: Lionfish in glassfish school
Seacam announces new macro port and lens
Seacam USA has officially announced the release of their new macro port and wet macro lens. The MIP80 port is designed to have a narrow lens, allowing easier lighting positioning for subjects close to it. The MIP1 macro lens attached to the port via a friction o ring, and gives approximately 2 X magnification. A lens caddy is available for the lens.
- Nikon underwater interchangeable lens camera now available (via )
- Blackfish to air on CNN tonight 9 ET (via )
- Apple updates Aperture to version 3.5 (via )
- 14-foot Oarfish was pregnant (via )
- Razorfish NG photo of the day (via )
- Nikon 5300 camera and AF-S 58mm 1.4G lens announced (via )
- US tries to salvage Antarctic research post shutdown (via )
- Robots shred jellies off Korea (via )
- Vancouver aquarium releases seal pups back into the wild (via )
- Monk seal bites triathletes in Hawaii (via )