Olympus announces the PEN-F
Olympus has announced the PEN F mirrorless micro 4/3s camera. It features retro styling, based on the original PEN-F that was released in 1963. The new camera has a 20MP sensor, 5 axis image stabilization and a OLED viewfinder. It claims the fastest shutter release time of any compact and several AF modes.
Borneo from Below: Episode 24
Episode 24 of Borneo from Below has been published online. This week they focus on a member of the Scuba Junkie team, Simon Lloyd, who is former police officer turned divemaster in Borneo.
Adobe updates Lightroom to 6.4/CC 2015.4
Adobe has launched a significant update to Lightroom. Version 6.4/CC 2015.4 significantly improves performance with editing updates being applied much more quickly and 1:1 previews being preemptively built. There has also been improvements to the Panorama Merge function (in CC version only) and the user can select the location that Lightroom Mobile images are stored in.
Adobe launches the Lightroom Coffee Break
Adobe has announced a series of 60 second or less Lightroom mini tutorials highlighting key tips and techniques. Entitled the “Lightroom Coffee Break”, and being posted bi-monthly, each episode will be presented by longtime Lightroom team member Benjamin Warde.
Image: Humpback with herring by Fabrice Guerin
World Shootout announces live broadcasts
Wetpixel at BOOT 2016
BOOT is the world’s largest watersports trade fair. Held in the gigantic halls at Messe Düsseldorf, Germany, Wetpixel will be on hand at this year’s show from Friday 29, through to show’s end on Sunday 31 January to bring the goings on at the show to the Wetpixel community. If you are there, please come and say hello and if not, please keep checking back here for our “live” reports. See you in Düsseldorf!
Interview: Filmmaker and marine biologist Richard Fitzpatrick
Cameraman and marine biologist Richard Fitzpatrick has been interviewed by Biopixel. Fitzpatrick was one of the filmmakers involved in the recent BBC documentary about Australia’s Great Barrier Reef and answers question questions about his career, his favorite place and animals and the conservation issues affecting the Barrier Reef and coral reefs in general
- Photos for Mac that will replace Aperture and iPhoto (via )
- Divers discover underwater forest off coast of Britain (via )
- An underwater portrait shoot with kayaker Viktoria Wolffhardt (via )
- Blackmagic Design updates DaVinci Resolve to 11.2 (via )
- Basking shark seen for first time in Indonesia (via )
- A drone that films just under the water line (via )
- Small underwater shelters show impressive creature diversity (via )
- NG Wild to Inspire wildlife film contest (via )
- Freighter ship runs aground in Galapagos (via )
- Canon updates firmware for EOS 5D Mark III (via )