Aquatica announces housing for the Sony a7R II
Aquatica has announced their housing for the Sony a7R II camera. It features a rear rotary dial wheel that controls the rear rotary dial control and extenders that give ergonomic access to the SET and C1 buttons. It also offers strobe triggering via either optical (with a supplied optical converter), or two Nikonos or Ikelite bulkheads. It is compatible with the full range of Aquatica ports.
New simulator apps for RED cameras
Kris Prygrocki has released two new apps to help people get to grips with the menus and settings on RED Digital Cinema cameras. Donna offers a simulation of all camera setting and menus (including Weapon and to be upgraded to include Raven). Dragon Scales catalogs the maximum frame rates and resolutions for each of RED’s cameras.
New guide to Grand Cayman launched
Author and photographer Steve Rosenberg, in conjunction with Greg Bassett, is releasing a new guide to travel and diving in Grand Cayman. The eBook features information on 75 dive sites as well as general information on vacationing on the island, with over 350 images.
Oasis Photo Contest calls for entries
Borneo from Below: Turtle Rodeo
The first documented manta ray nursery in southeast asia
Through a manta ray tagging program, scientists have recently confirmed the location of a manta ray nursery in southeast asia’s Wayag Lagoon of Raja Ampat. Conservation International, the Indonesian Ministry of Marine Affairs and Fisheries, the Indonesian Institute of Sciences, S.E.A. Aquarium, and Manta Trust have been fitting manta rays in southeast asia with satellite tags since 2014. They are just now learning the secrets of the manta rays of this area.
Earth Touch: Orca launches harbor seal
KNECT releases dome port for GoPro
KNECT has released the KSD6 6” dome port for GoPro 3+ and 4 cameras. The semi-hemispherical acrylic dome accessory increases the camera’s FOV by over 30% and it will focus nearly 50% closer. The dome is rated to 135 feet and can be attached simply to the GoPro housing and allows access to the cameras controls
- Adobe releases Lightroom 5.7 and Camera RAW 8.7 (via )
- Apple updates Camera RAW compatibility to 6.1 (via )
- Photoshelter updates the CF/SD/XQD card database (via )
- Jellyfish cam is live at the Monterey Bay Aquarium (via )
- Tutorial about another way of correcting fisheye distortion (via )
- A plug-in to correct for fisheye lens distortion (via )
- Underwater fashion photoshoot using Sony Xperia Z3 (via )
- Canon photographer Tyler Stableford on photographing whale sharks (via )
- Wetpixel black and white article on Outdoor Photographer (via )
- Underwater photography in space (via )