Creative Cow profiles filmmaker Jonathan Bird
Image: Under ice panoramic
Gates releases details of new lights
DiveFilm HD launches 3D podcast
DiveFilm has launched a new stereoscopic 3D podcast on iTunes. In addition to the 130 underwater HD podcasts currently showcased on DiveFilm HD Video, the new DiveFilm 3D Video podcast will feature short 3D videos in side by side 3D format that can be viewed on any 3D display that handles side by side stereo video.
Canon launches irista
Canon has launched a cloud based image management platform called irista. It supports a wide range of image types, including RAW and has no file size limitations. A 10GB account is free and available anywhere while paid larger volume storage accounts are seemingly only available within parts of Europe
Shooting WA with multiple strobes - Clark Miller
Final call: Scuba Diving contest 2014
The 2014 Scuba Diving through the Lens contest is making its final call for entries. It has four categories, namely Macro, Divers, Wide-Angle and Behavior and the deadline is 7 June.
Coverage: Bahamas Underwater Photo Week part 3
We hope that you have been following and enjoying our coverage of the the Bahamas Underwater Photo Week so far. We have filled the first and second threads, so have decided to spit it off into another new one. If you haven’t done so already, please check out part 1 and part 2 of our coverage to date.
- Protecting underwater real estate for fish (via )
- NOAA and state shark fin bans (via )
- New marine conservation zones for UK (via BBC)
- Video: Coral spawning on the Great Barrier Reef (via BBC)
- Hawaii’s Lake Waiau mysteriously disappearing (via )
- Tube worms fluorescence due to Vitamin B (via )
- Nick Mevoli: A freediver remembered (via )
- Newspaper removes all photos to support photographers (via )
- Amy Smart on cleaning up ocean plastic (via )
- Adobe Lightroom 5.3 and Camera RAW 8.3 release candidates… (via )