Scubazoo publishes book on Sabah
Scubazoo, based at Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia, has just published a new book entitled “Sensational Seas of Sabah.” The book features 300 images of marine life and seascapes arranged on the form of a journey from Tiga Island in the south west to Sipadan in the south.
Aquatica releases the A1D-C/X housing for the EOS-1D C and 1D X
Aquatica has released details of their A1D-C/X housing for the Canon EOS-1D C and 1D X cameras. It features a redesigned zoom/focus gear and is shipping with the company’s pressure leak detection “check” circuitry. In addition, it has 5 bulkheads, two of which are occupied with Nikonos or Ikelite connectors as standard.
Australia’s Greg Hunt approves shark cull
Australia’s federal environment minister, Greg Hunt, has approved plans to cull sharks off the west coast of Australia citing an exemption under the Environmental Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act. The decision comes amid public protests and international opposition.
10 Bar announces new arms
10 Bar has announced that they are releasing a series of flotation arms and camera stays. They feature either high density foam or an air space that is equipped with a valve. The latter means that they can be water filled to achieve neutral buoyancy if the camera rig is too positive.
Video: Underground 2013
Ikelite launches GoPro accessories
Ikelite has launched a series of accessories for GoPro cameras. Included in the new range are a Steady Tray, Pistol Grip, Handles, a kit for mounting a GoPro on an SLR housing, a quick-release kit and a kit that supplies everything needed to mount two Ikelite Gamma lights on a Steady Tray.
Anti leak absorbent sachets for GoPro cameras available
Leak Insure has announced that they are producing special desiccant sachets designed for use with GoPro housings. These are thin enough to fit in Go Pro housing and are made from a new paper and desiccant laminate that can also help absorb any moisture that occurs after minor floods.
Image: Hammerhead by John Chapa
John Chapa shared this outstanding image of a Hammerhead shark on Facebook. Here he tells us how he got the shot:
- Issue 74 of UwP magazine is now available to download (via )
- New species of walking sharks discovered in Indonesia (via )
- Nat Geo photographer on assignment with cellphone (via )
- Issue 28 of African Diver available to download (via African Diver)
- Deep sea squid mystery solved (via )
- Wounded great white shark heals surprisingly fast (via )
- Pegasus thruster and Brandon Cole interview (via )
- The reason Richard Branson wants to save sharks (via )
- September is debris month of action (via )
- Ansel Adams’ BBC interview on Youtube (via )