Canon updates firmware for EOS 6D
Canon has released firmware version v.1.1.3 for the EOS 6D SLR camera. The update fixes “a phenomenon in which the Date/Time/Zone settings screen appears on the LCD display, after the user has already configured these settings.” The updates is regarded as mandatory for EOS 6D owners, even if they have not yet experienced the problem yet.
New research supports marine reserves as local economic enhancers
A paper published in the journal PLoS ONE written by scientists from around the world illustrates a General Business Model for Marine Reserves and how marine reserves not only benefit flora and fauna, but become an economic aid to the local community within a short period of time. (Photo by Enric Sala/National Geographic).
Blackmagic Design unveils its Pocket Cinema Camera
Blackmagic Design has unveiled its Pocket Cinema Camera at NAB today. This features a Super 16mm sized sensor with a 1080 HD output, 13 stop exposure latitude, recording direct to an SD card in ProRes 422 or lossless 12 Bit Log RAW CinemaDNG formats and takes standard Micro 4/3s lenses. Its size and weight are similar to that of a compact camera and the camera’s specifications include remote control via LANC, so there may well be an easy way to incorporate controls into an underwater housing.
Interview: Joe Romeiro
Aditech updates its Sony housings
Aditech has released a new version of their Mangrove MVHS-L and MVHS-XL housings. This provides support for Sony camcorders that are equipped with the new Sony Multi connector. As with previous models, the rear of the housing is made of Delrin, and it features a control system using LANC control that gives access to all camcorder functions via 12 electromagnetic pushbuttons.
Ikelite announces D7100 housing
Ikelite has announced the imminent release of its housing for the Nikon D7100 camera. The polycarbonate housing gives access to all important camera functions, has an optically corrected glass viewfinder and built-in TTL exposure when used with Ikelite strobes. Ports are available for most popular lenses.
Canon announces two new pro camcorders
Canon has announced the release of two new pro camcorders. The XA25 and XA20 are designed to be ultra compact and offer the ability to record two different formats simultaneously onto two SD cards. The cameras have a wide-angle zoom lens with a close focus of 60cm (24”), a 2.91-megapixel 1/2.84-inch HD CMOS image sensor and DIGIC DV 4 image processor. The XA25 has a BNC fitting that outputs HD/SDI, and both cameras feature dual-band wireless support.
Video: Sharks of Bimini
- The 2013 BSoUP Splash in to be held on 6 July in Plymouth, UK. (via )
- Sony releases firmware v1.10 for F5, F55 and AXA-R5 cameras.… (via )
- PEW sets out the case for a marine reserve off East Antarctica (via )
- Tokina to ship new AT-X 12-28mm f4 PRO DX lens from April 2013. (via )
- Anger grows as a shark being used by Kmart in an advert dies. (via BBC)
- Nikon updates Capture NX, Camera Control Pro and more (via )
- Palau’s President proposes no commercial fishing in island’s… (via )
- Carl Safina writes about the politics of shark protection at… (via )
- Free Actual Pixels app allows viewing of images at 100% on iOS… (via )
- How pro photographers view pro SLRs (via )