Nauticam announces their housing for the Olympus E-M10
Nauticam has “officially” announced their housing for the Olympus OM-D E-M10 mirrorless camera. It is a smaller housing than the one for the E-M1, and features a port lock similar to that of the Nauticam SLR housings. It is supplied with electronics for their vacuum system, and the housing allows access to both LCD and EVF as required. It has ports for fiber optic triggering of strobes.
Tutorial by JP Danko on editing underwater photos
DIY Photography has just highlighted a video underwater and commercial photographer JP Danko created detailing his editing process of underwater images. The video is approximately twenty minutes and moves through his entire workflow, which includes Lightroom as well as Photoshop work.
Video: Moonlight Manta Dance
Photographing humpback whales in Tonga: Pete Atkinson
Water Column turns 50
BS Kinetics announces support for Blackmagic Blackmagic Production Camera
BS Kinetics has announced that they plan to support the Blackmagic Production Camera. Using their trademark carbon fiber construction, the new housing is compact and lightweight, and offers support for a variety of lenses, including manual focus and zoom control. All camera functions can be controlled underwater.
Inon announces the LF1000-S light
Inon has announced the release of their LF1000-S light. It outputs 1000 lumen with a 30°coverage and has two power settings. Power is provided by 3 x AA batteries, which give a burn time of 50 minutes at full power and there are a range of accessories available including mounting brackets.
Video: The kelp beds of the Tasman Peninsula
Over 97 percent of kelp forest stalks have disappeared in the last twenty years along the east coast of Tasmania. A combination of many factors, including wind and currents, has led to the decline. The Wild Australia video investigates the decline. (Photo from Shutterstock)
- November issue of DIVE magazine available to download (via )
- Ze Frank’s true facts of the cuttlefish (via )
- Pacific ocean warming fastest in 10,000 years (via )
- New dolphin species discovered off Australia (via )
- Asian carp reproducing in Great Lakes (via )
- Lou Reed: Landscape photographer (via )
- Issue 57 of X-Ray magazine is now available to download (via )
- NG Photo of the Day by David Doubilet (via )
- Nikon underwater interchangeable lens camera now available (via )
- Blackfish to air on CNN tonight 9 ET (via )