Coral reefs come to life in underwater time lapse video
Underwater time lapse photography can tell scientists a lot about what happens on a coral reef. Over the past five years Dr. Pim Bongaerts of the University of Queensland’s Global Change Institute has used time lapse photography to document coral reefs.
Bluefin Tuna underwater by Brian Skerry
CM Products releases polecam
CM Products has started shipping their new pole cam set up. The pole can be disassembled to fit into most carrying cases. The pole’s head angle can be adjusted and will fit most housings. The polecam is normally supplied with a triggering system, which can also be used a remote trigger off the pole.
Call for entries: Nudibranch Photo Competition 2014
Video: California Dreaming by Howard Hall
Filmmakers Howard and Michelle Hall have re-released a short film filmed entirely within 100 miles of Los Angeles. It was originally made: “To present at a Reef Check fund raiser a few years ago. The event was in Los Angeles and Reef Check wanted to feature California marine life.”
Tutorial: Erin Quigley on the Adjustment brush in LR4
Aquatica announces the SW8 dome port
Aquatica has released details of their new SW8 dome port for micro 4/3 systems. Designed for use with super wide rectilinear lenses, the acrylic port uses a portion of Aquatica’s standard 8”dome port, essentially maximizing port’s radius while keeping its overall size relatively small.
Image: Sardine Run 2013 by Jean Tresfon
- Nick Brandt’s new book of calcified animals (via )
- How to remove people and cars from your time-lapse (via )
- Scientists warn that ocean conservation efforts may be misplaced (via BBC)
- Researchers develop miniature wide-angle lens (via )
- October issue of DIVE magazine now available to download (via )
- Fluid filled lens mimics traits of human vision (via )
- More Nikon 1 AW1 coverage (via )
- The Blenny Challenge week 5 (via )
- Impressive time lapse of Costa Concordia righting (via )
- Adobe releases Photoshop Lightroom 5.2 (via )