Octopus escapes tank and finds way back to ocean
Inky the octopus, of New Zealand’s National Aquarium in Napier, gained instant celebrity when it was revealed that he escaped his tank, crawled across the aquarium floor, and made it to a discharge pipe to the Pacific ocean. Inky was already well known to the coastal city of Napier. He was rescued in 2004 after being caught and injured in a crayfish pot. In a public contest he was named Inky through popular vote.
Video: Raja Mono - A Study in Contrast by Ron Lagerlof.
Image: Face to Face by Alex Suh
Nauticam announces housing for Nikon D5
Nauticam will be shipping their housing for the Nikon D5 SLR camera shortly. It features a new built-in opto-electrical converter that connects to the camera via a hotshoe and outputs via fiber optic bulkheads. Nauticam are also offering an optional converter that allows TTL flash metering. ISO adjustment is available via a lever on the right hand side, and there is access to Preview and assignable Function buttons 1 and 2.
Indonesia blows up 23 foreign fishing vessels
One week ago, on tuesday April 5th, Indonesia’s Maritime Affairs and Fisheries Minister Susi Pudjiastuti gave a live stream order and simultaneously blew up 23 illegal fishing vessels in seven different locations around the country. The Indonesian government has stepped up efforts to keep illegal fishing vessels out of its waters in recent years.
Video: Lionfish footage on Wild Oceans
Recsea ships housing for G5 X
Tim Rock Dive Guide series updated
- Sony updates firmware for a7R II, a7R, a7S, a7 II, a7, a6000 and… (via )
- Adobe Camera RAW 9.5 is available now (via )
- Lightroom 2015.5/6.5 available now (via )
- Always watch your back in photo shoots next to the ocean (via )
- The sea nomad children who see like dolphins (via )
- Last of six toothfish poachers arrested in Indonesia (via )
- Adobe releases Lightroom Mobile for iOS v. 2.2 (via )
- E.O. Wilson’s case for setting aside half the planet (via )
- Adobe issues fix for Creative Cloud update issue (via )
- Two ‘extinct’ sea snakes off the coast of Australia (via )