Google expands street view to include 40 more underwater locations
Google Street View has added 40 new locations around the world to their catalog of underwater locations just in time for World Oceans Day on June 8, 2015. Street View has worked in partnership with XL carlin Seaview Survey, NOAA’s office of National Marine Sanctuaries and the Chagos Conservation Trust. The locations include American Samoa, Bali, Bahamas and the Great Barrier Reef.
Norbert Wu’s Favorite Images: Monterey
In those week’s episode of underwater photographer Norbert Wu’s favorite images column, he talks about his return to diving in Monterey Bay and an image of a juvenile crab in a pelagic jellyfish (Pelagia colorata) that he shot with a Nikonos equipped withe extension tubes.
Happy World Oceans Day 2015
TTRobotix launches the Seawolf underwater drone
Video: Flying mobulas
Article: Avoiding data loss
FIX ships their Neo Mini 1000 SW video light
FIX is shipping their 1000 lumen Neo Mini SW video light. Offering both 25° spot and 95° wide modes, the light has externally rechargeable swappable batteries and its output can be controlled in 25% increments.
Behind the Shot: Harry Stone
Harry Stone posted a fantastic shot of some blacktip sharks at the surface on Wetpixel’s Facebook page in the past few days. Here is the story behind how he got it.
- GoPro acquires virtual reality company Kolor (via )
- Lightroom CC/6 updated to 6.0.1 (via )
- Diving Devil’s Grotto with GoPro (via )
- Images of the Marshall Islands (via )
- Nikon updates D4s C firmware to 1.20 (via )
- 170 year old Veuve Clicquot recovered from shipwreck (via )
- Adobe Camera Raw 9 available now (via )
- Nikon updates D4s firmware to 1.10 (via )
- How to make money as a travel photographer in 2015 (via )
- Dead 50 foot sperm whale washes ashore in Pacifica (via )