Gates announces SPR110 Stackable Port System
Howard Hall films available on Amazon Video
Lightroom Coffee Break: View photos faster with 1:1 preview
In this week’s episode of Adobe’s Lightroom Coffee Break, Benjamin Ward discuses one way of dealing with the sometimes slow loading of images in Lightroom’s Loupe view. By forcing the app to create 1:1 previews on import, this speeds up any rendering required in the Library module. It is important to note that if you open the images in the edit module, they will need to render again.
Dive into the Pink online auction opens soon
Charity Dive into the Pink is raising funds with a charity auction of dive related trips and products. Dive into the Pink supports the Young Survival Coalition and the Guise Laboratory at Indiana University, both dedicated to supporting and researching cancer. The [auction]((http://32auctions.com/divepink2017) will open on 1 October and 4 pm PDT.
Alien Skin announces Exposure X3
Call for Entries: Beneath the Sea 2018
The 2018 Beneath the Sea International Imaging Competition is calling for entries. Alongside general prizes, the contest offers the David Doubilet award for excellence in underwater photography, the Stan Waterman award for excellence in underwater video and the Jim Church award for excellence in creative underwater photography.
Reuters grant program fosters next generation of photojournalists
Reuters has announced a grant program that seeks to recruit and foster up and coming photojournalists from diverse backgrounds to tell “human stories from around the world”. Applicants do not need to be established photojournalists, but they do need to demonstrate an ability to come up with a project theme and see it to completion. Up to 8 grants of $5,000 US will be awarded.
WPOTY previews winning images
The 2017 Wildlife Photographer of the Year contest (WPOTY) has released a selection of its shortlisted images. The full results will be announced at a gala event at London’s Natural History Museum on Tuesday, October 17, at an awards ceremony in the Natural History Museum’s newly refurbished Hintze Hall. The 2018 contest will open for entries from 23 October.
- Sony updates A6300 firmware to v.1.10 (via )
- Canon updates C300 Mark II firmware to 22.214.171.124 (via )
- Turkish scuba diver set new world record after 6 days underwater (via )
- Behind the scenes of an underwater photo shoot (via )
- Adobe updates Lightroom to CC2015.6.1 (via )
- A dam in Montana threatens extinction of the pallid sturgeon (via )
- Flickr to be owned by Verizon in Yahoo deal (via )
- Adobe updates Camera Raw CC to 9.6.1 (via )
- Mick Fanning returns to J-Bay and wins one year after great… (via )
- Underwater photo of Michael Phelps and US Olympic swimmers (via )