Subal announces housing for Olympus O-MD E-M1
Subal has announced the imminent release of their housing for the Olympus OM-D E-M1 mirrorless camera. It is compatible with a wide range of micro 4/3 lenses and can allows for strobe triggering via fiber-optic ports. It can be fitted with an optional bulkhead for electronic triggering.
Call for entrants: Lundy Island Splash in
The fifth annual Lundy Island Splash in is calling for entrants. The island, off the North Devon coast, is home to some of the UK’s best diving and underwater photographic opportunities, including a rookery of lively grey seals (Halichoerus grypus). The event is being held on 5 June.
Insight: The Nikonos RS 13mm conversion
Video: Angel Ray by Howard Hall
Live coverage of Bahamas Underwater Photo Week
From 24 to 31 May, there is a very special underwater imaging event being held in the Bahamas. Alert Diver’s Bahamas Underwater Photo Week aims “to capture a week in the underwater life of the Bahamas” and features 4 professional underwater photographers and 1 filmmaker who will all will be capturing images in 10 separate location throughout the Islands.
Video: Lost in Jellyfish Lake
How octopus arms stay untangled
Scientists Guy Levy and Nir Nesher of Hebrew University in Jerusalem set about getting to the bottom of an age old question: Why don’t octopus arms get tangled? Turns out the question had never been posed before and the answer was less complicated than expected. (Image from shutterstock.com)
Analysis: Olympus’s financial reports
- The Neptune Undersea Observatory Project (via )
- 11 More pilot whales found dead in Florida Keys (via )
- Local Hawaiians killing Monk Seals (via )
- Review of the Nikon AW1 (via )
- December edition of DIVEMAG now available to download (via )
- Japanese super sub discovered off Hawaii (via )
- December issue of DIVE magazine available to download (via )
- Seahorse shape aids stealth hunting techniques (via BBC)
- Protecting underwater real estate for fish (via )
- NOAA and state shark fin bans (via )