Final call for entries: Wildlife Photographer of the Year.
A photographer, a mermaid and 10,000 plastic bottles
Photographer Benjamin Von Wong has become well known recently for his large photography projects that have far reach on social media and simultaneously carry a social message. This time, his message is plastic pollution in the form of plastic bottles, not the most exciting of subjects. To make the subject a bit more flashy and appealing he sought the help of a colorful mermaid, and a project was born.
Sardine Run image wins National Geographic contest
National Geographic has announced the winners of its Nature Photographer of the Year contest. Fresh from being placed in the 2016 Wildlife Photographer of the Year contest, Greg Lecoeur’s iconic image of dolphins, sardines and Cape gannets on the Sardine Run has also been awarded first prize in the NG contest.
Article: Protecting Your Photos Online
Adobe updates Lightroom family
Adobe announced a series of updates to Lightroom CC/6, Lightroom Mobile and Camera Raw. Lightroom CC 2015.8/6.8 adds a new reference view (to CC only), fit/fill improvements for high resolution displays, performance enhancements and additional camera and lens support. Lightroom mobile for iOS 2.6 adds a new editing display, an info section allowing the addition of titles and captions and a new capture interface with manual camera controls. Camera RAW has been updated to version 9.8 and adds camera and lens support.
The best National Geographic images from 2016
Well, it’s that time of year again, where a look back at the year gives us reflection and inspiration for the year ahead, and photo compilations are everywhere. However, National Geographic just published their best images of 2016, and it is not to be missed. The photographs include some you may recognize, and some you may have overlooked, and even some awe inspiring underwater ones.
Sea Save Auction is open for bids
Jeff Cable: The Do’s and Don’ts of Memory Cards
- The underwater sculptures of Jason deCaires Taylor (via )
- 5 shots that stand out in NG’s #underwater challenge (via )
- Ted Talk with Guillaume Nery on free diving (via )
- Diving the caves of Albania (via )
- Sony updates PXW-FS5 firmware to version 1.1 (via )
- Phase One releases 9.0.1 update for Capture One Pro (via )
- Adobe updates Lightroom Mobile to 2.1 (via )
- Adobe updates Photoshop CC to 2015.1.1 (via )
- Adidas 3-D printed shoe out of ocean plastic (via )
- The many ways fish communicate (via )