Interview: Alex Mustard at the Natural History Museum
Wetpixel Associate Editor Alex Mustard was interviewed by Charlotte Coales in January about his underwater photography and his winning images in the 2013 Wildlife Photographer Of The Year competition. The presentation was a question and answer session held in the Attenborough Studio at the Natural History Museum, London.
Reminder: DEEP Indonesia 2014
If you haven’t done so yet, just a reminder that you have 4 days left to enter the 2014 DEEP Indonesia Contest. Hosted by Wetpixel and DivePhotoGuide, DEEP is, together with Our World Underwater, the pinnacle of underwater competitions.
Coral reefs come to life in underwater time lapse video
Underwater time lapse photography can tell scientists a lot about what happens on a coral reef. Over the past five years Dr. Pim Bongaerts of the University of Queensland’s Global Change Institute has used time lapse photography to document coral reefs.
Bluefin Tuna underwater by Brian Skerry
CM Products releases polecam
CM Products has started shipping their new pole cam set up. The pole can be disassembled to fit into most carrying cases. The pole’s head angle can be adjusted and will fit most housings. The polecam is normally supplied with a triggering system, which can also be used a remote trigger off the pole.
Call for entries: Nudibranch Photo Competition 2014
Video: California Dreaming by Howard Hall
Filmmakers Howard and Michelle Hall have re-released a short film filmed entirely within 100 miles of Los Angeles. It was originally made: “To present at a Reef Check fund raiser a few years ago. The event was in Los Angeles and Reef Check wanted to feature California marine life.”
Tutorial: Erin Quigley on the Adjustment brush in LR4
- Monk seal bites triathletes in Hawaii (via )
- Shutdown threatens oceanographic research (via )
- Nikon D610 officially announced (via )
- Montserrat: An island abandoned and reclaimed by nature (via )
- Sponges allow corals to thrive in marine deserts (via BBC)
- New free Lightroom Quick Start guide available to download (via )
- Sixty new species discovered in Suriname (via )
- National Geographic photography issue (via )
- Dolphin deaths on east coast and morbiliivirus (via )
- Adobe servers hacked (via )