Seacam 3D housing featured on Canon Professional Network
Ikelite announces housing for Nikon D5300
Ikelite has released a housing for the Nikon D5300 SLR. The housing is constructed from Ikelite’s signature clear polycarbonate and has access to all important camera controls. It also features built in TTL strobe triggering when used with the company’s DS-series strobes.
DVD highlights underwater imaging careers
A new DVD has been released that showcases potential careers in diving. Included among the occupations are the roles of underwater photographer, cinematographer and wildlife videographer. The featured professionals in these fields are Amanda Cotton, Hilaire Brosio and Lance Milbrand.
Olympus announces the OM-D E-M10
Olympus has announced the OM-D E-M10 mirrorless camera. It features the TruePic VII image processor, a 16 megapixel Live MOS sensor, Wi-Fi technology, a large, high-speed electronic viewfinder, 3-axis image stabilization, ultrafast autofocus and a built-in flash. Also of interest is a new 8mm f8 fish-eye body cap lens and the MCON-PO2 macro converter that can adapt six Olympus Micro Four Thirds lenses for close-up shooting.
Douglas Seifert’s illustrated notes from the field: Part 3
The third installment of Douglas Seifert’s series of illustrated notes from the field. The Jetties of South Australia trip is now actually diving on the jetties, having taken in diving with great white sharks and sea lions along the way. Douglas reports on the macro marine life that he and the group are finding, as well as his obsession with frogfishes and the male and female colorations of cowfish.
Tutorial: Lightroom 5 visualize spots feature
Freediving underwater photos
Reminder: Our World Underwater competition 2014
The Our World Underwater competition 2014, run jointly by Wetpixel and DivePhotoGuide, is calling for entries. There are over $85,000 worth of prizes, including $1,000 in cash for the winner. The deadline for entries is 2 February, so please don’t delay.
- Video of hawaiian tiger shark torture sparks outcry (via )
- Apple releases Digital Camera Raw compatibility update 4.09 (via )
- Fish dying after Honolulu molasses spill (via )
- Huge drop in Hong Kong shark fin trade (via )
- Scientists find life in Antarctic ice mud (via )
- GoPro updates its Studio to version 2 (via )
- Hawaiian tiger shark fall migration discovered (via )
- Issue 12 of Anima Mundi Adventures in Wildlife Photography is… (via )
- Report on the Blenny Challenge week 3 (via )
- Composite split shots breakdown (via )