Sea&Sea announces new housing for EOS 5D Mark IV
Sea&Sea has announced their housing for the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV camera. It is compatible with a YS Optical converter that will be released in February, and features a redesigned AF Lock lever. Also announced is the company’s new V5 vacuum leak detection system.
Dell announces 32 inch 8K monitor
Kodak Reintroduces Ektachrome film
Students find therapy in underwater photography
In 2010, teacher Ben Thwaits started the In A New Light nature photography program at Northwest Passage. The beauty of this story is that Northwest Passage is no ordinary school, it is a treatment program for young people battling mental illness, and the nature photography he teaches is not your average backyard nature photography, it is underwater photography.
Quick Tutorial: Adding Keywords with Less Hassle
This week’s Lightroom Coffee Break is entitled “Adding Keywords with Less Hassle” and offers a simple technique that saves a lot of time when keyboarding images in the program. Simply, once you have entered a keyword into the window, pressing the Command (Control) key acts as a modifier that then moves the selection directly on to the next image.
Canon announces new cameras at CES
Panasonic announces the GH5 camera
Panasonic has announced the specifications of their LUMIX GH5 mirrorless camera at the CES Show. It has a 20.3 MP sensor with a new Venus image processor and a native ISO of up to 25,5600. It also offers a 6K 30 fps “burst mode” for action shots. Perhaps more notably, it offers video at 4K 60p/50p and 4K 30p with internal 4:2:2 10-bit recording.
Ikelite announces vacuum kits
- Adobe updates Camera Raw to 9.4 (via )
- NG photo of the day by Jennifer Giliberto (via )
- A new app to track the ISS for astrophotography (via )
- NG photo of the day by Jacob Anderson (via )
- Photo of a potato sells for $1M (via )
- Adobe updates Photoshop CC to 2015.1.2 (via )
- Nikon updates NX-D for Mac to v.1.3.1 (via )
- China weighs ban on manta ray gills (via )
- Snoop Dogg narrates Planet Earth (via )
- Drop in action camera sales leads to layoffs at GoPro (via )