Ikelite announces housing for Nikon D810
Ikelite has announced their housing for the Nikon D810 SLR. It features TTL flash exposure control, polycarbonate construction and is compatible with Ikelite’s port system. It ships with zoom/focus gears and an aluminum tray as standard.
James Cameron’s Deep Sea 3D in theaters today
James Cameron’s latest endeavor, Deep Sea 3D, is in US theaters beginning today. The 3D film documents Cameron’s journey to construct a submarine capable of transporting him to the bottom of the Mariana Trench, and subsequent dive to get there. The Mariana Trench is unique in that it is almost seven miles down, the deepest part of the ocean.
Blackmagic Design releases Resolve 11
Blackmagic Design has released DaVinci Resolve 11. This version adds new nonlinear editing tools, updated and photographer friendly color correction tools, on set media management and enhanced integration into Final Cut Pro X’s workflow.
Nauticam announces the NA-D810
Nauticam has announced their housing for the Nikon D810 SLR. The NA-D810 features access to the camera’s Function (Fn) and Preview (Pv) buttons, which can be programmed for other functions, as well as a thumb lever giving access to the camera’s Info button.
Inon releases LED flashlight LF1400-S
Behind the Shot: Mimmo Roscigno
Mimmo Roscigno has posted some awe inspiring images on Wetpixel’s Facebook page in the past few days. Here is just one of his fantastic shots and the story behind how he got it.
Gates’s John Ellerbrock on the Sony AX100
The owner of Gates Underwater Products, John Ellerbrock, has sent us the following personal thoughts regarding a day he spent diving and testing the Sony FDR AX100 4K camcorder in one of his company’s housings.
Bird’s Head Seascape website launched
Burt Jones, Maurine Shimlock and Newmediasoup launch Bird’s Head Seascape website. The website is of particular note for scuba divers visiting Raja Ampat, Cenderawasih Bay and Triton Bay as it includes valuable information about scuba diving, sustainable tourism, news, research and conservation in the areas.
- Announcing Fit Diver magazine (via )
- World’s largest aquatic insect discovered in China (via )
- Blackmagic design updates camera firmware to version 1.8.2 (via )
- Adobe releases Camera Raw release candidate version 8.6 (via )
- Free Aperture to Lightroom migration tool in open beta (via )
- Seahorses growl when stressed study shows (via )
- Artist Nathaniel Stern and his team make underwater scans (via )
- Japan’s prime minister confirms whale hunt to resume in… (via )
- Nikon NX-D software to be released for free in a week (via )
- Stunning school of mobula rays NG photo of the day (via )