Results: Digital Shootout Contest 2016
Freeze Frame: Introduction
Wetpixel are proud to introduce Freeze Frame; an exclusive new monthly column by award winning underwater filmmaker Evan Sherman. He will be writing about the tips and tricks that make image and video creation work in some of the most extreme and remote locations in the world. In this first installment, Evan outlines his philosophy in the “battle” to “win the image-making war.”
Vote for the Lembeh Resort calendar competition 2017
It is time for the annual Lembeh Resort calendar competition. The annual competition has a twist from many other underwater photography competitions in that the submissions are entirely from local Lembeh dive guides, usually the ones assisting and helping to get those amazing images that are synonymous with diving Lembeh Strait.
Adobe guide to Optimizing Lightroom Performance
Adobe has published a detailed guide outlining tips and settings that can help Lightroom run smoother and faster. It explains how to optimize hardware and systems, which settings provide optimal performance and how to perform regular system maintenance. Please click through for the full article.
Octospot action camera is waterproof to 200 meters
The Octospot is a new waterproof action camera on the market. The camera is self contained in its own waterproof housing and shoots 4k video. It is waterproof to a depth of 200 meters (656 feet) and white balances automatically with depth.
Issue 23 of Anima Mundi available
David Shiffman on Shark Week 2016
Marine scientist David Shiffman has gathered his reviews of the programs featured during the 2016 Discovery Shark Week onto a single page on Southern Fried Science. He includes both his predictions of the programming prior to broadcast and his reviews after having viewed the programs.
Acquapazza announces housing for Sony a6300
Acquapazza has announced their housing for the Sony a6300 mirrorless camera. It features an angled LCD window, a large port opening for compatibility with “fat” bodied lenses (including Zeiss e mount), manual focus gears and the option of both power zoom and manual focus with the Sony 16-50mm power zoom.
- FStoppers reviews Ikelite housing for Nikon D810 (via )
- Behind the scenes with Zena Holloway (via )
- Connecticut officials remind people releasing balloons is illegal (via )
- FStoppers tests Aquatech Elite underwater housing (via )
- Subal D500 housing to ship from 10 July (via )
- $15k reward offered in death of one of world’s rarest fish (via )
- Nikon updates Capture NX-D to v.1.4.1 (via )
- Steve McCurry Photoshop scandal (via )
- NG photo of the day by Charlie Hamilton James (via )
- The hidden pain behind your swim with the dolphins (via )