Nauticam announces its housing for the Sony RX100 II
Nauticam has announced their housing for the Sony RX100 II compact camera. It features a 67mm thread for the attachment of wide-angle or macro wet lenses, and a bulkhead port to take advantage of the camera’s hot shoe.
Sony announces 4K Handycam
Sony has announced the FDR-AX1E 4K consumer Handycam. It uses an XAVC S format, which uses MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 Long GOP for video and Linear PCM for audio compression and saves files in an MP4 wrapper. Captures is via a 1/2.3-type Exmor R™ CMOS sensor capturing images at 3840x2160 resolution.
Adobe revises Creative Cloud offering for photographers
DPReview reports that at the Photoshop World conference in Las Vegas yesterday, Adobe announced that it is to offer a new pricing tier to its Creative Cloud. The company will now offer users the option of receiving Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5, Bridge CC, Behance, and 20GB of storage for $9.99 per month.
Call for entries: Festival Mondiale de l’Image Sous Marine
The 2013 Festival Mondiale de l’Image Sous Marine, often known as the “Antibes festival” (even though it is now held in Marseille!) is now calling for entries for its imaging and video competition. Wetpixel will be reporting from the festival and assisting in the judging of the “International Underwater Photography Olympics”.
2013 Underwater Festival open for entries
Graphic footage of dolphin killings from Taji
The annual dolphin hunts have started again at the Japanese town of Taji. Whatever your feelings regarding the moral rights and wrongs of this harvest of live and dead dolphins, graphic video published by the Whale and Dolphin Conservation Society (WDC) and filmed by Atlanticblue (in German) seems to show the dolphins being killed in an extremely inhumane way.
Cristian Dimitrius receives Emmy nomination
Photographer and filmmaker Cristian Dimitrius has been nominated for an Emmy Award in the Outstanding Cinematography: Documentary and Long Form category for his film Untamed Americas. (Picture by Rodolfo Paes).
Happy Whale Shark Day
Wishing everyone a very happy Whale Shark Day! August 30th is International Whale Shark Day (Día del Tiburon Ballena), so declared in 2008 during the International Whale Shark Conference.
- Build your own plastic camera (via )
- Sylvia Earle’s latest blog post on Huffington Post Green (via )
- UW photos of Bryde’s whale in full balloon mode (via )
- Coca Rocha talks about using moving cinemagraphs (via )
- David duChemin on being more creative (via )
- The Daily Mail features the results of DEEP Indonesia (via )
- Windows adds raw support for 22 cameras (via )
- Apple updates its Digital Camera Raw compatibility to 4.06 (via )
- Olympus releases firmware updates for OMD and PEN cameras (via )
- Brunei institutes Asia’s first nationwide shark fin ban (via )