Gates announces housing for Sony AX100
Gates Underwater Products has announced the imminent release of their housing for the Sony FDR-AX100 4K Handycam Camcorder. The housing features a side window for viewing the camera’s LCD, neutral buoyancy and the ability to add all battery sizes. It is compatible with Gates lens ports.
Video: Manatee by Joe Romeiro
Nauticam announces their housing for the Olympus E-M10
Nauticam has “officially” announced their housing for the Olympus OM-D E-M10 mirrorless camera. It is a smaller housing than the one for the E-M1, and features a port lock similar to that of the Nauticam SLR housings. It is supplied with electronics for their vacuum system, and the housing allows access to both LCD and EVF as required. It has ports for fiber optic triggering of strobes.
Tutorial by JP Danko on editing underwater photos
DIY Photography has just highlighted a video underwater and commercial photographer JP Danko created detailing his editing process of underwater images. The video is approximately twenty minutes and moves through his entire workflow, which includes Lightroom as well as Photoshop work.
Video: Moonlight Manta Dance
Photographing humpback whales in Tonga: Pete Atkinson
Water Column turns 50
BS Kinetics announces support for Blackmagic Blackmagic Production Camera
BS Kinetics has announced that they plan to support the Blackmagic Production Camera. Using their trademark carbon fiber construction, the new housing is compact and lightweight, and offers support for a variety of lenses, including manual focus and zoom control. All camera functions can be controlled underwater.
- December edition of DIVEMAG now available to download (via )
- Japanese super sub discovered off Hawaii (via )
- December issue of DIVE magazine available to download (via )
- Seahorse shape aids stealth hunting techniques (via BBC)
- Protecting underwater real estate for fish (via )
- NOAA and state shark fin bans (via )
- New marine conservation zones for UK (via BBC)
- Video: Coral spawning on the Great Barrier Reef (via BBC)
- Hawaii’s Lake Waiau mysteriously disappearing (via )
- Tube worms fluorescence due to Vitamin B (via )