Video: Sony F55 underwater by Dan Beecham
Dan Beecham of Underwater Video Services, Cape Town, South Africa has shared some underwater footage shot with the Sony F55 camera. He has found that the ability to shoot Sony RAW without a compression ratio and its color rendering make it an excellent camera for underwater use. This is interesting, since Sony’s color rendering has been a challenge for underwater use on many of its other recent cameras.
Shootout: International Open Anilao
The Buceo Anilao Beach and Dive Resort has announced that it plans to host an underwater shootout from 29 November to 6 December. Prizes for the event will include cash and trips.
Underwater photos of surfers by Lucia Griggi
Hugyfot releases images of their housing for the 70D
Hugyfot announces GoPro monitor
Gates announces housing for Sony AX100
Gates Underwater Products has announced the imminent release of their housing for the Sony FDR-AX100 4K Handycam Camcorder. The housing features a side window for viewing the camera’s LCD, neutral buoyancy and the ability to add all battery sizes. It is compatible with Gates lens ports.
Video: Manatee by Joe Romeiro
Nauticam announces their housing for the Olympus E-M10
Nauticam has “officially” announced their housing for the Olympus OM-D E-M10 mirrorless camera. It is a smaller housing than the one for the E-M1, and features a port lock similar to that of the Nauticam SLR housings. It is supplied with electronics for their vacuum system, and the housing allows access to both LCD and EVF as required. It has ports for fiber optic triggering of strobes.
- 11 More pilot whales found dead in Florida Keys (via )
- Local Hawaiians killing Monk Seals (via )
- Review of the Nikon AW1 (via )
- December edition of DIVEMAG now available to download (via )
- Japanese super sub discovered off Hawaii (via )
- December issue of DIVE magazine available to download (via )
- Seahorse shape aids stealth hunting techniques (via BBC)
- Protecting underwater real estate for fish (via )
- NOAA and state shark fin bans (via )
- New marine conservation zones for UK (via BBC)