Nauticam ships housing for GX7
Nauticam is shipping their housing for the Panasonic DMC-GX7 mirrorless camera. The NA-GX7 is shipping with their vacuum leak detection system and has “one-handed” access to both command dials, video record and EV adjustment. Nauticam also offer port support the majority of lens options for underwater use.
Recsea announces housing for EOS-70D
Recsea has released details and images of their housing for the Canon EOS-70D SLR camera. The RDH-C70D is CNC machined from aluminum and offers control of all camera functions. Recsea offers a range of ports, zoom/focus gears, adaptors and extension rings to support many lens options.
Mangrove releases a 6750 lumen video light
Mangrove has announced a new video light offering an output of 6750 lumen. The VC-4L6X has an 100° beam with a color temperature of 5000°K. It light has two output levels and gives a burn time of 65 minutes at 100% power.
Slideshow: Wetpixel South Komodo Expedition
Our World Underwater 2014 Winners Announced
Amphibico announces housing for Blackmagic Pocket camera
Amphibico has released details of their Pocket Buddy housing for the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera. It provides full access to all camera controls accessible from the housing’s grips which are angled at 15°. Aquatica will also be offering a battery pack for extended use underwater, as well as a vacuum leak detection system and multiple handle and light mounting options.
Video: Octopus snags camera rig (almost)
Divers Warren Murray and David Malvestuto encountered a Giant Pacific Octopus in Point Lobos at Bluefish Cove who apparently wanted to get ahold of an underwater camera set-up.
Douglas Seifert’s illustrated notes from the field: Part 4
A somewhat delayed posting of the fourth instalment of Douglas Seifert’s series of illustrated notes from the field. The “Jetties of South Australia” expedition has been diving on the jetties and has found the main objects of the trip: Leafy sea dragons (Phycodurus eques) and Striped Pyjama Squid (Sepioloidea lineolata).
- Sponges allow corals to thrive in marine deserts (via BBC)
- New free Lightroom Quick Start guide available to download (via )
- Sixty new species discovered in Suriname (via )
- National Geographic photography issue (via )
- Dolphin deaths on east coast and morbiliivirus (via )
- Adobe servers hacked (via )
- This is what a beach covered in walruses looks like (via )
- Nick Brandt’s new book of calcified animals (via )
- How to remove people and cars from your time-lapse (via )
- Scientists warn that ocean conservation efforts may be misplaced (via BBC)