Results of Por el Planeta contest announced
Merging Lightroom catalogs tutorial on Adobe Blogs
Sea&Sea ships RDX-750D housing
Sea&Sea are shipping their new RDX housing for the Canon EOS Rebel T6i/750D. Manufactured from polycarbonate, the housing gives access to all the camera’s “essential” controls and can be equipped with the company’s 180° optical viewfinder. Strobe triggering us vis two fiber optic ports.
Video: Dancing cuttlefish eggs
Borneo from Below: On Board with the Sea Gypsies
Borneo from Below has released episode 16. The Bajau Laut are a nomadic, seafaring group who have lived in the waters of the Coral Triangle for centuries. This week Bertie spends a day in the life with a Bajau Laut family, the famed sea gypsies of Borneo.
Canon announces new HD camcorders
Canon has announced two new HD camcorders. The XA35 has an HD/SDI terminal for live output and both cameras have dual SD card slots. Featuring a new CMOS sensor, the cameras have a “wide DR” mode that gives 600% dynamic range. They also both have 26.8 to 576mm lens with 5-axis optical stabilization.
Aquatica ships grip extender kits
Aquatica has announced that they are shipping simple spacers that allow the handles of their housing to be extended outwards. This gives more working space on the controls for those with big hands or wearing bulky gloves. Available in packs of four, they are shipping now.
2015 Raja Ampat contest open for entries
The 2015 Raja Ampat UW Photo Contest is calling for entries. It is soliciting images that feature a wide-angle underwater scene, animals, and/or corals and must be taken in Raja Ampat region only. The deadline for entries is 15 January 2016.
- A drone that films just under the water line (via )
- Small underwater shelters show impressive creature diversity (via )
- NG Wild to Inspire wildlife film contest (via )
- Freighter ship runs aground in Galapagos (via )
- Canon updates firmware for EOS 5D Mark III (via )
- Canon updates EOS-1D X firmware to 2.0.7 (via )
- Underwater surfers by Paul Nicklen NG photo of the day (via )
- Panasonic updates Lumix DMC-GH4 firmware to 2.1 (via )
- Nikon updates Capture NX-D (via )
- Sports Illustrated has laid off all staff photographers (via )