Canon announces the XC10 4K camcorder
AbelCine announces workshop with Gates
Mucky Secrets available on DVD
Video: Olympus image stabilization in action
Olympus incorporated 5 axis image stabilization into their OM-D E-M5 mirrorless camera back in 2012. Micro 4/3rds Photography has attached a LUMIX GH4 with a Samyang 7.5mm lens to the front of an OM-D EM5 II camera (without a lens) and recorded the actual movement of the sensor correcting camera movements.
Lost camera fully functional after 3 months underwater in a housing
In March of this year John Ng was diving with the Scuba Monster team in the Maldives, when he found an intact camera housing during one of his dives. Shockingly, the Panasonic GH4 in a Nauticam underwater housing was fully functioning.
Datacolor releases the Syder5 monitor calibration solution
Datacolor has announced the release of their Spyder5 monitor calibration solution. Featuring a redesigned optical engine, the company claims a 55% improvement in tonal response. It is available in 3 versions: EXPRESS, PRO and ELITE, each version giving increased control over the calibration process.
Video: Shrimps and eels
Wild Oceans continues to catalog marine behavior from Bikini Reef, Sodwana Bay, South Africa in this week’s episode. It features footage of an apparent symbiotic relationship between shrimps and black-cheek moray eels (Gymnothorax breedeni) and the plethora of shrimp varieties on the reef. A reef manta ray (Manta alfredi) also pays a visit.
Ikelite announces new Canon compact housings
Ikelite has announced new housings for the Canon PowerShot ELPH 170 IS/IXUS 170 and ELPH 160/IXUS 160 compact cameras. Featuring the companies signature polycarbonate construction, both are equipped with integrated flash diffusers and 67mm threads on the lens ports to facilitate the use of wet lenses, filters and diopters.
- A statement from the “selfie” monkey (via )
- GoPro releases tutorial Field Guide (via )
- Instagram releases Hyperlapse (via )
- Nikon releases firmware updates for D90, D7000, D7100, D600,… (via )
- Twitter users confuse Sir David Attenborough with his now… (via )
- Massive number of By-The-Wind-Sailor jellies cover water surface (via )
- Apple updates FCPX, Compressor, Motion (via )
- DSTRUX brings control to sharing images online (via )
- Shark week is more dangerous than sharks (via )
- NG photo of the day by Mike Korostolev (via )