Greenpeace showcases the biological diversity of Raja Ampat
Greenpeace has featured a gallery of pictures by Paul Hilton showcasing the biological diversity of Raja Ampat, Indonesia. The organization published the images to celebrate the International Day for Biological Diversity. (Image is © Paul Hilton / Greenpeace)
Death by ctenophore on BlennyWatcher
Ned and Anna DeLoach of BlennyWatcher have been studying the feeding habits on benthic ctenophores during their recent trip to Indonesia. These creatures, related to comb jellies, were thought to be plankton feeders, but have now been shown to be active and voracious predators, feeding on crabs, fish and even tube worms. (Images by Ned DeLoach/BlennyWatcher.com).
Book: The Eye of the Whale
Author and illustrator Jennifer O’Connell has produced an illustrated book entitled The Eye of the Whale that tells the story of the remarkable rescue of a humpback whale entangled in line, as well as the whale’s remarkable and profound connection that it shared with its rescuers.
Red Giant launches beta of BulletProof
NG cover shot of James Cameron taken in a tank
When the June issue of National Geographic hits newsstands in a few days, readers will have a deeper view of James Cameron. At first glance the cover shot appears to be a standard underwater portrait. But the “Behind the Cover” story sheds some light on how it was captured.
How to print a life size photograph of a whale
Agony in a bowl: Amazing claymation video
13-year old Kyle Kelleher has produced a short claymation video to help bring awareness about the controversial delicacy of shark fin soup.
Flickr: “No such thing as professional photographers anymore”
Whilst announcing a redesign of Flickr, Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer claimed that the company wants “to make Flickr awesome again”. She went on to say that: “There’s no such thing as Flickr Pro today because [with so many people taking photographs] there’s really no such thing as professional photographers anymore,” although she acknowledged that there are photographers with “different skill levels”.
- Nikon hack removes video time limit from D3100, D3200, D5100 and… (via )
- Alex Mustard to speak at 2020Vision Theatre Show, Derby, UK on… (via )
- Avatar sequels to feature “underwater motion… (via )
- RED details Scarlet upgrade and trade-in packages (via )
- Manatee death rate at all time high due to toxic bloom (via )
- Sony expands XAVC format for pro and consumer use (via )
- Panasonic releases the DMC-GF6 mirrorless camera (via )
- RED performs live Dragon sensor upgrades at NAB (via )
- Redrock unveils its Cobalt cage for the GoPro HERO3 (via )
- RED announces its Motion mount. Stops CMOS rolling shutter issues (via )