Video: California Dreaming by Howard Hall
Filmmakers Howard and Michelle Hall have re-released a short film filmed entirely within 100 miles of Los Angeles. It was originally made: “To present at a Reef Check fund raiser a few years ago. The event was in Los Angeles and Reef Check wanted to feature California marine life.”
Tutorial: Erin Quigley on the Adjustment brush in LR4
Aquatica announces the SW8 dome port
Aquatica has released details of their new SW8 dome port for micro 4/3 systems. Designed for use with super wide rectilinear lenses, the acrylic port uses a portion of Aquatica’s standard 8”dome port, essentially maximizing port’s radius while keeping its overall size relatively small.
Image: Sardine Run 2013 by Jean Tresfon
Google adds more underwater locations to Street View
Scubapro launches photo and essay contest
Scubapro has launched a photo/essay competition, utilizing submission via Instagram and the company’s Facebook page. The contest is honoring Dr. Sylvia Earle’s contribution to the marine environment.
Inon supports Fujifilm XQ1 compact
Inon is offering a lens mount base that allows the use of Inon 28LD mount lenses with the Fujifilm WP-XQ1 housing for the XQ1 camera. In addition, they are offering two versions of fiber optic cable bushes for use with either type L or Sea&Sea fiber cables. Both the latter are supplied with stickers for masking the camera’s internal flash output.
Nikon releases Capture NX-D beta
Nikon has released a beta version of their new Capture NX-D RAW processing software. It features a non-destructive editing process, with image information being saved into sidecar files and allows for adjustment of images. It also has a number of display options, batch processing options and viewing filters.
- NG Photo of the Day by David Doubilet (via )
- Nikon underwater interchangeable lens camera now available (via )
- Blackfish to air on CNN tonight 9 ET (via )
- Apple updates Aperture to version 3.5 (via )
- 14-foot Oarfish was pregnant (via )
- Razorfish NG photo of the day (via )
- Nikon 5300 camera and AF-S 58mm 1.4G lens announced (via )
- US tries to salvage Antarctic research post shutdown (via )
- Robots shred jellies off Korea (via )
- Vancouver aquarium releases seal pups back into the wild (via )