Subal announces housing for Olympus O-MD E-M1
Subal has announced the imminent release of their housing for the Olympus OM-D E-M1 mirrorless camera. It is compatible with a wide range of micro 4/3 lenses and can allows for strobe triggering via fiber-optic ports. It can be fitted with an optional bulkhead for electronic triggering.
Call for entrants: Lundy Island Splash in
The fifth annual Lundy Island Splash in is calling for entrants. The island, off the North Devon coast, is home to some of the UK’s best diving and underwater photographic opportunities, including a rookery of lively grey seals (Halichoerus grypus). The event is being held on 5 June.
Insight: The Nikonos RS 13mm conversion
Video: Angel Ray by Howard Hall
Live coverage of Bahamas Underwater Photo Week
From 24 to 31 May, there is a very special underwater imaging event being held in the Bahamas. Alert Diver’s Bahamas Underwater Photo Week aims “to capture a week in the underwater life of the Bahamas” and features 4 professional underwater photographers and 1 filmmaker who will all will be capturing images in 10 separate location throughout the Islands.
Video: Lost in Jellyfish Lake
How octopus arms stay untangled
Scientists Guy Levy and Nir Nesher of Hebrew University in Jerusalem set about getting to the bottom of an age old question: Why don’t octopus arms get tangled? Turns out the question had never been posed before and the answer was less complicated than expected. (Image from shutterstock.com)
Analysis: Olympus’s financial reports
- First bluefin tuna sold in Japan in 2014 goes for 70k (via )
- Crab grabs GoPro (via )
- Something’s fishy with SeaWorld’s blackfish poll (via )
- Issue 58 of X-Ray magazine available to download (via )
- January/February edition of UwP magazine is available to download (via )
- Shark photobombs two surfers (via )
- 100-year old negatives found in Antarctic (via )
- Canon releases firmware update for C500 (via )
- January 2014 issue of DIVE magazine now available (via )
- The Guardian Best Pictures of the Day (via )