Andy Casagrande featured on the RED Collective
Instagram allows portrait and landscape aspect ratios
Instagram has now relaxed their rules regarding aspect ratios and users can now share photos and videos in both portrait and landscape orientation. In order to do so, there is now a format icon that allows users to adjust the orientation to portrait or landscape instead of square. Once the image or video are shared, the full-sized version of it will appear in follower’s feed.
Behind the scenes of a single take underwater video
Champion freediver Marina Kazankova holds her breath for five minutes during this single shot underwater music video for “Lydia” by Highly Suspect. The behind the scenes video shows how the music video was shot and the feelings the band hoped to evoke from the viewers through this video.
Review: Fantasea FG7X housing
Wetpixel editor provides a review of the Fantasia FG7X housing for the Canon PowerShot G7 X compact camera. The housing was tested during the recent Wetpixel Whale Sharks expedition to Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Canon announces the EOS M3
Canon USA has announced the EOS M3 mirrorless camera. Designed for “enthusiast photographers”; it features a 24.2 megapixel APS-C sized sensor with an ISO range of 100 to 12,800 and the DIGIC 6 Image Processor. It has a 49 point hybrid AF system and front an drear control dials. The company also announced 11-22mm f4-5.6 zoom and and a 22mm f2 compact prime lens among others.
Video: Borneo from Below on Mantis Shrimp
Earth Touch: Bait Balls
New nudibranch identification book announced
New World Publications has announced the pre-release of their improved and updated book entitled Nudibranch and Sea Slug Identification - Indo Pacific. Containing over 2,248 images, the book describes 1,953 species, including many undescribed ones.
- Nikon updates D810 firmware C to version 1.02 (via )
- New image format BPG may be set to replace the JPG (via )
- Breeding protections for bluefin tuna (via )
- Adobe updates Lightroom to 5.7.1 (via )
- Adobe releases Camera RAW version 8.7.1 (via )
- The story of an underwater ballroom, a swindler and death by… (via )
- Biodegradable fishing nets with tracking devices to cut down on… (via )
- Sony’s underwater store is 12 feet deep (via )
- The Olympus E-M5 II will use same sensor as predecessor (via )
- Freediver catches 70 pound lobster, names him Albert Girther,… (via )