CM custom diffusers available
Clark Miller has announced the commercial release of his custom dome diffuser range. These are available for Inon, Ikelite and Sea & Sea strobes and in opacities suitable for either wide-angle or macro photography
Shark Savers and WildAid to merge
Conservation organizations, Shark Savers and WildAid, have joined forces. The merger will allow the pooling of their resources into campaigns to stop shark finning and shark conservation, and increased efficiency of operations.
Scuba diver caught smuggling marijuana
A Canadian scuba diver was caught early monday morning attempting to smuggle eight pounds of marijuana into the United States via the St. Clair river.
Memory card survives 8 months underwater
A hobbyist photographer’s camera and memory card were snagged by an alligator he was photographing. Thinking the camera was lost forever, he was shocked when eight months later a gator came out of the pond with the lost camera wrapped around his leg. Even more surprising was the fact that the memory card worked after all that time.
New research into Yucatan whale shark movements
Canon announces 4 new compact models
Canon has announced 4 new compact cameras in its PowerShot range. Key new models for underwater use are the G16 and the S120. Both cameras feature improved AF performance and DIGIC 6 image processors with a 12.1-megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS image sensors.
Research suggests coral reefs can be restored
Nauticam releases carbon fiber buoyancy arms
Nauticam has announced the release of a series of tubular carbon fiber buoyancy arms. Fitted with a 1” ball, the arms are available in 2.3” and 3.5” diameters and in lengths from 6” to 12”.
- Sylvia Earle’s latest blog post on Huffington Post Green (via )
- UW photos of Bryde’s whale in full balloon mode (via )
- Coca Rocha talks about using moving cinemagraphs (via )
- David duChemin on being more creative (via )
- The Daily Mail features the results of DEEP Indonesia (via )
- Windows adds raw support for 22 cameras (via )
- Apple updates its Digital Camera Raw compatibility to 4.06 (via )
- Olympus releases firmware updates for OMD and PEN cameras (via )
- Brunei institutes Asia’s first nationwide shark fin ban (via )
- Chagos marine park in Indian Ocean ruled lawful (via BBC)