Lightroom to be available after subscriptions lapse
Tom Hogarty of Adobe has announced that users will have access to their images via Lightroom even if their Creative Cloud subscriptions lapse. From version 5.5 onwards, they will lose the Develop and Map functionality, but retain access and functionality in all the other modules.
Nauticam announces housing for GH4
Nauticam has announced their new housing for the Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 camera. The NA-GH4 is somewhat customized for video use, with a specific thumb operated button for ISO adjustment, a lever for white balance and access to both control dials. The company has also announced an upgrade kit for owners of their GH3 housing.
Video: Dive with David Doubilet and Goliath Groupers
Dive with David Doubilet as he photographs 600-pound Atlantic Goliath Groupers off Jupiter, West Palm Beach, and Boynton Beach, Florida. The fish leave the shallows after the first five years of their lives to spawn under ledges and in shipwrecks and other structures along the East and West coast of Florida from August to October. (image from Shutterstock)
Call for entries: Cairns Underwater Film Festival
Image: Got It by Christian Miller
Swedish warship Mars discovered after 450 years
The Swedish warship Mars was the largest at the time when it sank in 1564 until being discovered in 2011 by Richard Lundgren, Ingemar Lundgren and Fredrik Skogh after a 20-year search. What makes this ship so unique is how well preserved it is.
Video: Cristian Dimitrius at work
The Digital Shootout 2014
The annual Digital Shootout, now in its thirteenth year, took place from 13 to 20 June 2014, at Little Cayman Beach Resort, Little Cayman. The event attracted 80 underwater photographers, to “a boot camp with benefits for underwater image-makers, full of camaraderie amongst like-minded underwater photographers.”
- Mexico bans capture of great whites (via )
- High speed liquid photography (via )
- Hawaii criticizes WA shark cull (via )
- 1956 message in a bottle from oceanographer just found (via )
- MV Kalabia - the floating classroom in Raja Ampat (via )
- New jellyfish species washes ashore in Tasmania (via )
- First fish removed from endangered species list (via )
- New JPG format rivals RAW for quality (via )
- Nikon looking at 4K video on its SLR cameras (via )
- The Japan Times questions the legitimacy of the Taji dolphin… (via )