Blackmagic Design announces DaVinci Resolve 14
Keldan announces updated high CRI version of 8X video light
Keldan has announced an updated version of their high color rendering index (CRI) 8X video light. It offers 11,000 lumen output with a CRI of 92. Control is via 9 output steps, with a burn time of 45 minutes at full power. Beam angle is 90°, with a gradual edge fall off and color temperature is 5400°K
TRT Electronics announces TTL triggers
TRT Electronics has announced two new products. The TURTLE XS is a miniaturized version of the i-TURTLE Nikon version. It also offers the ability to select Manual or TTL modes via the camera’s backlight switch. The other new product is the s-TURTLE TTL converter for Sony mirrorless cameras.
China’s largest airline bans shark fin cargo
China’s largest airline says it is taking a stand for animal conservation. China Southern Airlines will no longer transport shark fin as cargo in the company’s efforts to support conservation efforts. The company is based in Guangzhou, which is the world’s largest trading hub for shark fin The move will have a significant effect on transporting shark fin. Image from Shutterstock.
Call for Entries: SDUFEX 2017
Season 2 of Tales by Light on Netflix
Season 2 of Tales by Light will be released on Netflix on 21 April. Filmed in conjunction with Canon Australia and National Geographic Australia, it features an episode about Wetpixel Publisher Eric Cheng, photographing orcas in Norway, anacondas in Brazil and tiger sharks in the Bahamas.
Canon announces C-Log upgrade for EOS 5D Mark IV
Canon has officially announced the much rumoured upgrade for the EOS 5D Mark IV which incorporates Canon Log. The upgrade will be performed by Canon Service Centers from July and will cost $100. Using the new upgrade when shooting video will produce a cinematic look that captures maximum dynamic range and responds well to post processing and color grading.
LaCie provides new storage solutions
- Behind the scenes of an underwater commercial shoot (via )
- Nikon updates D5 C firmware to version 1.10 (via )
- World’s first medium format mirrorless camera (via )
- NG photo of the day by Will Stratham (via )
- Apple will no longer have a dual camera in the iPhone 7 (via )
- Nikon accused of falsely advertising D500’s Wifi (via )
- Photographer sues state of N Carolina for copyright infringement (via )
- You can now post photos to Instagram directly from iOS (via )
- Astronaut tweets photo of DSLRs on the ISS (via )
- FStoppers reviews Ikelite housing for Nikon D810 (via )