Image: Shoals of Baitfish by Martyn Guess
Pelican announces Air cases
Pelican Products has announced a new series of hard shell equipment cases. The new Pelican Air range is up to 40% lighter than the original versions, but retain the same levels of protection. They are currently available in 6 sizes, with more being planned in future. Each case has a variety of internal configurations.
21 illegal shark fishermen arrested in the Galapagos Marine Reserve
21 illegal shark fishermen were caught and arrested in the Galapagos Marine Reserve last week. Park rangers in the reserve spotted the suspicious vessel through their electronic surveillance. After chasing the main boat and six smaller vessels for a full twenty-four hours, eventually the rangers caught up and arrested all the crew, seized the vessels and recovered the catch.
Zeiss announces the Batis 18mm lens
Volunteers sought to document coral bleaching
Exposure Labs makers of the documentary “Chasing Ice”, are seeking underwater photographers to contribute imagery towards an attempt to document the worldwide effects of coral bleaching. Each volunteer will need to be available and in a suitable location for at least 3 days between now and 31 May. (Image from Shutterstock).
Canon announces firmware updates to video products
Canon has announced a series of firmware updates for its Cinema EOS, Hd video and 4K Reference Display products. Among the refinements are Canon Log3 and control enhancements for the C300 Mark II, control enhancements for the C100 Mark II and a new file formate for the XA35 and XA30 cameras.
Adobe offers preview of new video editing features
Adobe has given a sneak preview of forthcoming enhancements to Premiere Pro and its other video apps. The new features focus on new media management, giving greater control over the ingest process. Premiere will work natively with 6K or 8K files and Premiere can automatically generate low res proxies on import, allowing editing on less powerful systems. The Lumetri color panel has been also been revised.
Image: Great White by Sergio Ricardo
- Outdoor Photographer magazine sold to Madavor Media (via )
- Volunteer Divers Needed for Giant Sea Bass Count August 1-16,… (via )
- Atomos upgrades Shogun firmware to AtomOS6.4 (via )
- Obama administration delivers blow to Shell’s Arctic drilling… (via )
- The most common vertebrate in the world is a fish (via )
- Adobe Dehaze: a tool for dealing with backscatter (via )
- Facebook unveils new Snapchat-esque photo editing (via )
- Starfish excrete foreign bodies through their arms (via )
- Tamales Bay revival exceeds expectations in just seven years (via )
- Swimming with sharks off Oahu, Hawaii (via )