Image: Wolf Eel by Peter Stenberg
FIX ships the Neo 3000 video light
FIX is shipping their Neo 3000 video light. Offering 3000 lumens with a spread of 100°, the light features interchangeable batteries and output that is variable in 1% increments. The batteries can be externally or internally charged as required and burn time is 55 minutes at full power.
Tutorial: Nikon autofocus by Steve Perry
Wildlife photographer Steve Perry of Backcountry Gallery has added a video tutorial about Nikon autofocus settings onto his YouTube channel. Although not specifically aimed at underwater photography and Nikon specific, it is an excellent overview of what each AF mode is and how to use the myriad of camera settings to best effect.
Canon issues service advisory for EOS Rebel T6s and T6i
Video: Confluence - man and sharks by Monty Halls
UK television presenter and marine biologist, Monty Halls, presented a talk entitled “Confluence - the turbulent relationship of man and shark” at the TEDxVilnius event in late April. In it, he describes the changes that he has observed in the oceans over the two decades of his lifetime and the prospects for the marine environment if the current industrial scale eradication of sharks is continued. (Image by Simon Rogerson)
MindShift Gear releases GP system
Inon is shipping their X-2 housing for the ESO 70D
Winners of University of Miami underwater photo contest announced
The winners of the University of Miami Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science underwater photography contest have been announced. The best overall photograph was shot by Audrey Shpatak of a Japanese warbonnet in Rudnaya Bay, Japan.
- Wetpixel review of Nikon 810 on Nikon Rumors (via )
- NG photo of the day by Shane Gross (via )
- Camera RAW 8.7 Release Candidate available on Adobe Labs (via )
- Underwater landslide and earthquake triggered 2011 tsunami (via )
- 5 swimmers pulled from water after encounter with aggressive… (via )
- October issue of DIVE magazine available to download (via )
- Incredible close-up drone footage of a volcano in Iceland (via )
- 35,000 walrus come ashore in NW Alaska (via )
- Panasonic releases firmware update for GH4 (via )
- Silent divers count more fish (via )