Alien Skin releases Exposure X
Alien Skin has released their Exposure X non-destructive image sorting and editing app. Images are not imported into Exposure, rather the user simply selects existing images or card off-loads and works on them. It does not require the use of catalogs and places all editing tools in a single workspace, eliminating the need to move between modules.
Sealux announces housing for Odyssey 7Q+
Sealux has announced their HM7 housing for the Convergent Design Odyssey 7Q+ recorder/monitor. It is equipped with a large sun shade and an SDI in/out bulkhead, with the option of a second SDI bulkhead if required.
The making of “View from a Blue Moon”
Holiday Gift Idea: Sponsor a Shark
Racing Extinction at Vatican City
Racing Extinction took its message to Vatican City last night by projecting images of endangered species and threatened ecosystems onto the Basilica at St. Peter’s. Watched by the Pope and crowds of visitors, the pictures were cast onto the white facade of the famous building by fifty giant projectors situated on huge towers.
Video: Wild Oceans Octopus
Borneo from Below: Episode 19
Call to action: NOAA bungles shark management plans in Florida
A coalition of Florida based shark divers launched a campaign asking NOAA to reconsider their decision to open commercial fishing for sharks in the Jupiter area from 1 January 2016, during the breeding aggregation of large sharks in the area. NOAA’s response thus far has been to obfuscate and blame shift.
- Deadline to enter the Nature’s Best Photo contest Mar 31 (via )
- Poached sturgeon gets resuscitated (via )
- Largest freshwater fish ever caught (and released) (via )
- Top chefs commit to serving sustainable seafood (via )
- Sony announces firmware updates for pro video cameras (via )
- New EyeFi 32GB mobi pro SD card (via )
- Seal rescued from snowbank in Maine (via )
- Dolphin is second animal to die at SeaWorld in two weeks (via )
- Time to migrate your photos from Aperture (via )
- Seattle aquarium octopus makes a break for it (via )