Spaces available for Wetpixel Oceanic Whitetips Expedition
We have a few spaces left on our trip to Cat Island, Bahamas to dive and photograph the amazing oceanic whitetip sharks (Carcharhinus longimanus) that are resident there from March through June. The trip dates are from the 12 to 18 April 2015. Please email Adam if you are interested
Sea&Sea updates MDX housing for 5D Mark III
Sea&Sea has announced a new version of their MDX housing for the Canon EOS 5D Mark III. The MDX-5DMKIII Ver. 2 housing has a movable zoom/focus gear to allow larger diameter lenses to be inserted, has an adjustable shutter release and is equipped with Sea& Sea’s Internal YS Optical Converter, which allows TTL fiber optic triggering of strobes.
HydroFlex debuts housing for ALEXA 65
An article in Film and Digital Times, HydroFlex has announced that their new Remote AquaCam housing for the ARRI ALEXA 65 has been in use shooting VFX sequences for a “major motion picture” at the underwater stage at Pinewood Studios, near London, England. As no actual camera was available at the time, the housing was originally designed using CAD and 2D design drawings.
Australia seeks to overturn shark agreement
Outdoor Photographer of the Year 2014 winners announced
Adobe announces OS compatibility for Lightroom 6
In the first official announcement about it, Adobe has set out which operating systems Lightroom 6 will support. It will only work with Mac OS X 10.8 or above, or 64 bit versions of Windows 7, 8 or 8.1. Given that Windows 10 was announced today, it is likely that it will be supported too. The announcement does not set out when Lightroom 6 will be released, nor whether there will be a beta version as there has been with previous versions of the software.
Nauticam ships housing for Panasonic LX100
Nauticam is shipping their housing for the Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100. The NA-LX100 offers access to the camera’s three lens mounted control rings, for aperture, shutter speed and aspect ratio. The housing utilizes the new N50 port system, which offers varying port options.
Job opportunity: Marketing Manager @ Backscatter
Our friends at Backscatter Underwater Video and Photo are seeking a Marketing Manager to oversee the all company’s marketing tasks. The position is based in Monterey, California and they are ideally looking for someone to start in early February.
- Adobe releases Camera Raw release candidate version 8.6 (via )
- Free Aperture to Lightroom migration tool in open beta (via )
- Seahorses growl when stressed study shows (via )
- Artist Nathaniel Stern and his team make underwater scans (via )
- Japan’s prime minister confirms whale hunt to resume in… (via )
- Nikon NX-D software to be released for free in a week (via )
- Stunning school of mobula rays NG photo of the day (via )
- New TSA rules require batteries to be charged before flights (via )
- Issue 79 of Underwater Photography magazine available to download (via )
- Issue 61 of X-Ray magazine available to download (via )