Borneo from Below: The most unique dive resort on earth
Sony announces uncompressed RAW output on α series cameras
Review: Seacam Vacuum Test system
Vacuum housing systems have become de rigueur over the past couple of years, with almost all the major housing manufacturers offering them as either standard fitment, or as an option. Wetpixel Editor Adam Hanlon reviews Seacam’s new Vacuum Test system, including both DIY installation and use in the field.
Photoshelter asks: Do I still need a website?
The Photoshelter blog has posted an article entitled “Do I still need a website” by Allen Murabayashi. In it, he reiterates the point that although social media is a great way for creatives to get their work being viewed, it is almost impossible to use them to provide income. In addition, websites allow you to control the way imagery is presented, can be used to enhance SEO and can offer storage, delivery and client proofing tools.
Available: 2015 Complete Photography Bundle
DIVE celebrates 20 years
DIVE magazine is celebrating its 20 year anniversary with the issue of a special print edition. In keeping with its “20” theme, the special edition features the 20 top diving spots, 20 best wrecks, Douglas Seifert’s 20 favourite images and 20 contributors favourite moments in diving. The new edition also marks DIVE’s return to print publishing, with a quarterly print edition being launched.
Sony announces the FS5 compact 4K camcorder
Sony has announced the FS5 compact Super 35mm 4K camcorder. It features an e-mount allowing it to be used with sony α and E-mount lenses as well SLR lenses with an adaptor. The FS5 has built in ND filters and 10-bit 4:2:2 full HD 240fps High Frame Rate, with no sensor cropping.
Sony announces the α7S II camera
Sony has announced the α7S II full frame mirrorless camera. Its 35mm 12.2 megapixel image sensor and an upgraded BIONZ X image processing engine offer a native ISO range of 100 – 102400. It can record video in full 4K at 100Mbps and utilizes information from all te pixels, as well as 1080 at 120fps. In S-Log 3 gamut it offers 14 stops of dynamic range.
- Divers discover underwater forest off coast of Britain (via )
- An underwater portrait shoot with kayaker Viktoria Wolffhardt (via )
- Blackmagic Design updates DaVinci Resolve to 11.2 (via )
- Basking shark seen for first time in Indonesia (via )
- A drone that films just under the water line (via )
- Small underwater shelters show impressive creature diversity (via )
- NG Wild to Inspire wildlife film contest (via )
- Freighter ship runs aground in Galapagos (via )
- Canon updates firmware for EOS 5D Mark III (via )
- Canon updates EOS-1D X firmware to 2.0.7 (via )