Nauticam announces the Epic LT housing
Nauticam has released details of their Epic LT housing for RED EPIC and RED SCARLET cameras with Mysterium-X and Dragon sensors. it is “carry on” legal and can be set up in a few minutes. Battery and media changes can take place without removing the camera and it is compatible with all Nauticam ports.
Seacam support for Canon EF 11-24mm lens
Seacam China has posted some images of the company’s new products that allow for compatibility with the new Canon EF 11-24mm f/4L USM wide-angle lens. There is a special version of the Seacam Superdome that allows for the larger diameter of the new lens, a new extension ring that “steps-up” from the standard Seacam thread to the new port and a zoom gear.
Nauticam announces the NA-502 housing for SmallHD 500 series monitors
Nauticam has announced their housing for the SmallHD 500 series 5” field monitor. The monitors have either HDMI (501) or HD-SDI (502) inputs and the housing allows for both. The housing’s controls allow the use of the monitor’s joystick control and it is supplied with Nauticam’s vacuum system as standard.
PhotoShelter announces unlimited storage for pro accounts
PhotoShelter has announced unlimited storage for its customers with pro accounts. The previous limit to photo storage with the service was 1TB. Standard subscription limits have also been bumped up to 100GB from the previous cap of 60GB.
Inon announces product compatibility updates
Earth Touch: Shark Week encounters
Shark Week 2015
NPR talks about Shark Week 2015. In the article, the author notes that some of the programs in the past have been more fiction than fact, with plenty of bad science and exaggerated sensationalism. For 2015 though, Discovery has promised to be more fact and science based. David Shiffman of Southern Fried Science gives it a cautious “thumbs-up” so far
Recsea ships housing for Sony Action Cam
Recsea is shipping their housing for the Sony FDR-X1000V 4K Action Cam and its Liveview remote (RM-LVR2). The remote housing can be mounted onto the rear of the Action Cam housing, which gives liveview and access to the remote’s menu system. The housing has a depth rating of 120 meters (393ft).
- Steve-O cited for Sea World sign prank (via )
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro X to 10.1.4 (via )
- Issue 17 of Anima Mundi magazine is now available for download (via )
- Adobe releases Lightroom 5.7 and Camera RAW 8.7 (via )
- Apple updates Camera RAW compatibility to 6.1 (via )
- Photoshelter updates the CF/SD/XQD card database (via )
- Jellyfish cam is live at the Monterey Bay Aquarium (via )
- Tutorial about another way of correcting fisheye distortion (via )
- A plug-in to correct for fisheye lens distortion (via )
- Underwater fashion photoshoot using Sony Xperia Z3 (via )