Adobe introduces updates for its video editing apps
Adobe has announced a series of updates to its Creative Cloud video editing apps at the IBC show. These include a major overhaul of compatible video formats, which now include native support for 4K. The updates are “free” to Creative Cloud subscribers and will be available in October.
The Blennywatcher Diary: September 2013
During August, Ned and Anna DeLoach have been hard at work studying and cataloging the marine inhabitants of the dive sites of Bonaire. Highlights have included spawning Christmas Tree and Feather duster worms as well as lots of sightings of gobies.
Olympus launches flagship OM-D E-M1 camera
Olympus has announced details of its new OM-D E-M1 flagship mirrorless camera. It has a 16 Megapixel Live MOS sensor with version VII of the TruePic image processor and Olympus claims superior AF performance due to its DUAL FAST AF system, which uses either phase or contrast detection depending on what lens is fitted. Lastly, it has a full magnification electronic viewfinder.
Hiking an Austrian trail . . . underwater
Every summer in Tragoess, Austria snowmelt fills Green Lake lake forty-feet higher and creates an underwater hike for divers. The impossibly clear waters reveal submerged benches, trails, trees and bridges and make for a unique scuba destination.
Sealux releases housing for Lumix GH3
Sealux has released details of their housing for the Panasonic Lumix GH3 mirrorless camera. The CSGH3 gives access to most camera functions, and can be fitted with an (optional) HDMI bulkhead. The company has designed a new camera saddle to allow for a precise fit, and flash synchronization is available via fiber optic ports.
Image: Tonga humpback and diver
Image: Snapping shrimp
Wetpixel member Jeffrey de Guzman (tankado) has submitted an image of a snapping shrimp, tentatively identified as Synalpheus neomeris. Apparently, not much is known about this species beyond that, in common with many other coral symbionts, they seem to eat mucus secreted by soft corals, thus also ingesting all organic particles trapped within it.
Rumor: Nikon developing an underwater camera
- Photo of Caimans at night in Brazil (via )
- Canon showcases EOS 70D new AF capabilities (via )
- Issue 55 of X-Ray Mag is available to download (via )
- California shark fin ban takes effect this week (via )
- 200 year old fish caught off Alaska (via )
- Latest videos from the ICJ trial of Japanese commercial whaling (via )
- July/August issue (#73) of UWP Magazine is available now (via )
- Carl Zeiss rebrands as just ZEISS (via )
- DIVE magazine’s July issue is out now (via )
- Issue 29 of the Underwater Journal is now available to download (via )