Bali’s Mount Agung erupts
It was reported 3 hours ago that, after months of increase seismic activity, Bali’s Mount Agung has erupted. Indonesia’s National Disaster Management Agency said the eruption remained small so far but the volcano was emitting a thick grey ash cloud blowing to the East and South-East. Bali’s Ngurah Rai International Airport remains open and alert levels have not been changed.
Mexico expands Revillagigedos Marine Park
Mexico has announced a significant expansion to the Revillagigedos Marine Park. This will cover 57,000 square miles (147,630 square Kilometers) around Socorro, Roca Partida, San Benedicto and Clarion islands. Previously, the area, named as a World Heritage Site in 2016, only had a small protected area that extended 6 miles (9.7 Km) off the coast of each island. (Image from Shutterstock)
Sony announces Imaging Edge app
TRT ships the o-TURTLE 45 TTL trigger for Olympus PT housings
TRT-Electronics has designed a new version of their TTL trigger for Olympus MILC cameras when housed in Olympus PT series housings. These have an angled space designed to accommodate Olympus strobes, which the new o-TURTLE mimics. The o-TURTLE 45’s performance is identical to that of the original o-TURTLE, bar that it has a smaller battery.
Update on Fiji Siren
Yesterday, Worldwide Dive and Sail (WWDS) announced that the Fiji Siren had been lost at sea during its current charter. As the organization has begun investigations into the incident, a statement was released today with more details about the circumstance. Again, Wetpixel is relieved to report that all crew and passengers are safe and unharmed.
Call for entries: UPY 2018
The 2018 Underwater Photographer of the Year (UPY) contest is open for entries. It offers 8 categories for entries captured in international waters, and 3 specific to images from the UK. The deadline for entries is 2 January 2018, with the winners being announced in early February 2018.
Adobe releases Lightroom Downloader app
Travel Guide: GALÁPAGOS is available for preorder
- A new underwater restaurant opens in Belgium (via )
- The GoPro Karma is back (via )
- Rescued baby manatee dies with a plastic filled stomach (via )
- Pale beady eyed crab named for Harry Potter (via )
- BTS of Lexi Thompson shoot underwater (via )
- Photographing beautiful and monstrous waves (via )
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro X, Motion and Compressor (via )
- Adobe provides bug fixes for Premiere Pro CC, After Effects CC,… (via )
- Wanderlust 4k is a new travel show for photographers (via )
- Leica announces the M10 (via )