Ikelite releases housing for Panasonic Lumix GH5
Ikelite has released their 200DL housing for the Panasonic Lumix GH5. The housing is depth rated to 200 feet and has an MSRP of $1695. The Lumix GH5 has a 20.3 MP sensor and an ISO of up to 25,5600. Video is 4K 60p/50p and 4K 30p with internal 4:2:2 10-bit recording. The camera itself will be available at the end of next month and the housing should be available soon, too.
Last few days to enter DEEP Indonesia 2017
All entries for the second flagship contest in the UnderwaterCompetition.com series, DEEP Indonesia, must be submitted by 25 February. The contest focuses on being interpretive and the rules allow for post processing. If you haven’t entered yet, you now only have a few days to do so.
CMAS World Championship to be held in Mexico
Several swimming pigs found dead in Bahamas
Several of the famous Bahamas swimming pigs were found dead over the weekend. It is unclear how the pigs died, whether intentional or accidental, but an investigation is underway according to the Bahamas Humane Society (BHS) president Kim Aranha. Approximately 7 pigs are alive and unaffected. The swimming pigs of Exuma are famous in the underwater photography community for use as subjects in photographs.
Sigma announces 4 lenses including 14mm wide angle
Sharkwater free showing across Canada
Canadian moviegoers will have a special treat available on 25 February. Rob Stewart’s documentary “Sharkwater” will be showing at Cineplex theaters nationwide. Admission is free in exchange for a donation to WWF Canada. The film is also available on iTunes, with proceeds from each sale or rental going towards they costs of finishing the production of “Sharkwater: Extinction.”
Ocean Discovery XPrize semi finalists announced
The Shell Ocean Discovery XPrize (ODXP) has selected its semi finalists. The aim of the 3 year contest is to design tools that allow for rapid, unmanned and high-resolution surveys of the world’s oceans. The 21 shortlisted teams represent 13 countries and are competing for a $7 million prize purse.
Lightroom Coffee Break: Flow Control Slider
- Scientists discover cancer is contagious in clams (via )
- Tens of countries sign up to shut pirate fishing boats out of… (via )
- Apple updates RAW compatibility to 6.20 (via )
- Behind the scenes of an underwater commercial shoot (via )
- Nikon updates D5 C firmware to version 1.10 (via )
- World’s first medium format mirrorless camera (via )
- NG photo of the day by Will Stratham (via )
- Apple will no longer have a dual camera in the iPhone 7 (via )
- Nikon accused of falsely advertising D500’s Wifi (via )
- Photographer sues state of N Carolina for copyright infringement (via )