Asus announces 100% Adobe RGB monitor
Asus has announced a 4K/UHD monitor that can display the whole Adobe RGB color space. Engadget reports that the PA329Q monitor also has a 16-bit look up table and support for the BT2020 / DCI-P3 video color space. It is pre-calibrated but also offers the “highest compatibility with hardware calibration devices”.
Video: Palau’s Paradise: Ocean Wonders Worth Protecting
Google announces Photos App
Google has released details of their new standalone Photos app. This allows unlimited free online storage for images at up to 16MP resolution and videos up to 1080p. If required, Google offers storage of up 100GB at $1.99/month and 1TB at $9.99/month that will allow users to store images at higher resolutions.
Report: CMAS World Underwater Photography Championship
Rob Aarsen attended the CMAS World Championship and has kindly shared his report from the event with Wetpixel. It was held in Zeeland, The Netherlands, from 21 to 25 May. The Championship has been running since 1985, and is now in its fifteenth iteration. We also feature all the winning images from the contest.
FIX ships NEO Mini 1000 focus light
FIX is shipping their Neo Mini 1000 WR focus light. If offers red and white beams that shut off automatically when strobe output is detected. The battery is removable and can be recharged externally or swapped.
Adobe trails the dehaze slider
Adobe has trailed a new feature that is likely to be incorporated into an update of Lightroom CC soon. First announced at Adobe Max in 2014, the Dehaze tool will reduce, remove haze or add haze. Primarily aimed at landscape photographers, this may be useful to add additional definition to underwater images, which are inevitably “hazy” due to light’s passage through the water.
Interview with Luis Javier Sandoval by Por el Planeta
Video: Preview of Tales by Light
A new six part series, Tales by Light, follows five world recognized travel and wildlife photographers throughout their journeys, including underwater photographer Darren Jew. The series premiered this week in Australia and is a joint effort between Canon Australia and National Geographic.
- A day in the life of underwater photographers Tina Terras and… (via )
- Steve-O cited for Sea World sign prank (via )
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro X to 10.1.4 (via )
- Issue 17 of Anima Mundi magazine is now available for download (via )
- Adobe releases Lightroom 5.7 and Camera RAW 8.7 (via )
- Apple updates Camera RAW compatibility to 6.1 (via )
- Photoshelter updates the CF/SD/XQD card database (via )
- Jellyfish cam is live at the Monterey Bay Aquarium (via )
- Tutorial about another way of correcting fisheye distortion (via )
- A plug-in to correct for fisheye lens distortion (via )