Kodak Reintroduces Ektachrome film
Students find therapy in underwater photography
In 2010, teacher Ben Thwaits started the In A New Light nature photography program at Northwest Passage. The beauty of this story is that Northwest Passage is no ordinary school, it is a treatment program for young people battling mental illness, and the nature photography he teaches is not your average backyard nature photography, it is underwater photography.
Quick Tutorial: Adding Keywords with Less Hassle
This week’s Lightroom Coffee Break is entitled “Adding Keywords with Less Hassle” and offers a simple technique that saves a lot of time when keyboarding images in the program. Simply, once you have entered a keyword into the window, pressing the Command (Control) key acts as a modifier that then moves the selection directly on to the next image.
Canon announces new cameras at CES
Panasonic announces the GH5 camera
Panasonic has announced the specifications of their LUMIX GH5 mirrorless camera at the CES Show. It has a 20.3 MP sensor with a new Venus image processor and a native ISO of up to 25,5600. It also offers a 6K 30 fps “burst mode” for action shots. Perhaps more notably, it offers video at 4K 60p/50p and 4K 30p with internal 4:2:2 10-bit recording.
Ikelite announces vacuum kits
NOAA consults on oceanic whitetip protection
NOAA has proposed that the oceanic whitetip shark (Carcharhinus longimanus) be offered protection by being listed as a “threatened species”. The proposal is currently open for public consultation, with comments being solicited electronically via the Federal Register announcement. The deadline for comments is 29 March 2017. Image from Shutterstock.
Tutorial: Updating camera and computer settings for 2017
Wetpixel Editor Adam Hanlon provides a tutorial covering the basics necessary to ensure that camera and computer settings are updated for 2017. Included are camera metadata, Lightroom import and export templates and adding dated folders to keep the image library in logical order.
- Japanese ice rink featuring frozen fish in ice shut down right… (via )
- Goliath groupers are making a comeback (via )
- Nikon updates Capture NX, View NX, Camera Control Pro and… (via )
- Photographer sued Facebook for removing EXIF data and won (via )
- Sony updates a7 Mark II firmware to 3.30 (via )
- Canon launches gray/brown version of Rebel T6 dSLR (via )
- Special deal on Creative Cloud Photography plan at Amazon (via )
- Canon announces firmware updates for C300 (via )
- Nikon updates D500 C firmware to 1.11 (via )
- Video: South Africa’s sardine run (via )