Aquatica announces housing for Sony a6500
Aquatica has announced (pdf) their housing for the Sony a6500 mirrorless camera. It will ship with an adjustable tray and two handles and is designed to be used with or without handles. Flash options include fiber, Nikonos or Ikelite bulkheads and there is an optional under camera saddle power pack available.
Ocean Views is now part of the Windland Awards
Rare beaked whale filmed underwater for first time ever
Yesterday a 45-second video clip of a True’s beaked whale (Mesoplodon mirus) was released to the world, along with a study published in the scientific journal PeerJ. This was the first underwater video ever recorded of this particular whale species, and one of only a handful of live sightings. True’s beaked whales can hold their breaths for hours and are believed to dive as deep as 10,000 feet.
Video: Misool Foundation
The Misool Foundation has released a new film showcasing the work that the organisation does to protect the Misool Marine Conservation Area in Raja Ampat, Indonesia. Filmed by Shawn Heinrichs, the film shows how sustainable ecotourism combined with community based conservation can ensure be effective in reducing largely negative human impact.
Inon ships monitor housing for Sony RM-LVR3
Inon has announced the release of their housing for the RM-LVR3 monitor that ships with the Sony FDR-X3000R/HDR-AS300R Action Cams. It is designed to attach to the Inon SD Mount Base for the camera. As the monitor uses wifi to connect to the camera, it is crucial that the two are mounted closely together.
Video of baby whale shark being released from fishing net
Earth Touch News has released a video of a baby whale shark pup being released from a gillnet back to the ocean in India. The fisherman found the small whale shark entangled in his net off the west coast of India near the fishing village of Sutrapada and filmed the release back to the wild. Baby whale sharks are rarely seen and sightings like this could aid in the locating whale shark breeding grounds.
Understanding Papua New Guinea by Don Silcock
Report: Gulen Nudibranch Safari
- Adobe updates Lightroom to CC2015.6.1 (via )
- A dam in Montana threatens extinction of the pallid sturgeon (via )
- Flickr to be owned by Verizon in Yahoo deal (via )
- Adobe updates Camera Raw CC to 9.6.1 (via )
- Mick Fanning returns to J-Bay and wins one year after great… (via )
- Underwater photo of Michael Phelps and US Olympic swimmers (via )
- Cuba: a model for sustainable tourism (via )
- The underwater shipwreck with an art gallery (via )
- The glowing waters of the Matsu Islands (via )
- Nikon updates D500 firmware to version 1.02 (via )