Mission 31: Time Magazine presents live Twitter Q&A
Time Magazine are hosting a live Twitter question and answer session at 2 pm US Eastern Standard Time today discussing the 360° Hero video set up that they used to capture the interactive video they recently published video about Fabien Cousteaus’s Mission 31 project. The video “takes readers on a virtual scuba dive around Aquarius, the world’s only habitable underwater science lab, with Fabien Cousteau and some of the aquanauts from Mission 31.”
Lightroom to be available after subscriptions lapse
Tom Hogarty of Adobe has announced that users will have access to their images via Lightroom even if their Creative Cloud subscriptions lapse. From version 5.5 onwards, they will lose the Develop and Map functionality, but retain access and functionality in all the other modules.
Nauticam announces housing for GH4
Nauticam has announced their new housing for the Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 camera. The NA-GH4 is somewhat customized for video use, with a specific thumb operated button for ISO adjustment, a lever for white balance and access to both control dials. The company has also announced an upgrade kit for owners of their GH3 housing.
Video: Dive with David Doubilet and Goliath Groupers
Dive with David Doubilet as he photographs 600-pound Atlantic Goliath Groupers off Jupiter, West Palm Beach, and Boynton Beach, Florida. The fish leave the shallows after the first five years of their lives to spawn under ledges and in shipwrecks and other structures along the East and West coast of Florida from August to October. (image from Shutterstock)
Call for entries: Cairns Underwater Film Festival
Image: Got It by Christian Miller
Swedish warship Mars discovered after 450 years
The Swedish warship Mars was the largest at the time when it sank in 1564 until being discovered in 2011 by Richard Lundgren, Ingemar Lundgren and Fredrik Skogh after a 20-year search. What makes this ship so unique is how well preserved it is.
Video: Cristian Dimitrius at work
- Issue 14 of Anima Mundi magazine is now available to download (via )
- Sea Lions of the Galapagos Islands (via )
- How deep can fish swim? (via )
- Over underwater photographs in a tank (via )
- RED Dragon sensor outperforms Nikon D800e in DxO tests (via )
- March issue of DIVE magazine is now available (via )
- Issue 77 of UwP magazine is now available to download (via )
- Underwater photography tips from Outside magazine (via )
- Video: Amateur photographer tracks the decline in mirrorless… (via )
- New suit allows diving to 1,000 feet (305m) (via )