Video: Minimize water droplets for half and half images by Matty Smith
Videux video workflow app available
After extensive beta testing, Videux has released their final versions. The app is an “organizer, player, and workflow assistant for video that is highly optimized to get tens of thousands of videos organized and ready for editing.” It is available for Mac via direct download or from the Apple Store as a full or an LT version. It is compatible with most video formats and allows for sorting footage via numerous criteria.
Adobe releases significant Lightroom Mobile updates
Adobe has released a significant feature upgrade to Lightroom Mobile for iOS and Android. In the case of the former, there is a new selective brush, a details tab and an improved interface for iPad. Android users will experience a new interface that is faster, more efficient and Android specific.
Official Coverage from the Digital Shootout available
Job Opportunities: Photo Pro and Dive Center Manager at Lembeh Resort
Our friends at Lembeh Resort/Critters@Lembeh Resort are seeking people to fill two positions. They are looking for a Photo Pro to run their underwater photography center and a Dive Center Manager to manage the dive center. It’s a great opportunity for a couple or two individuals to live, work and photograph in the amazing Lembeh Straits!
Inon ships SD Front Mask for GoPro HERO5
Spaces available: Wetpixel, RED and Gates Tiger Beach Filmmakers workshop
Are you someone wanting a career as an underwater cameraman? Or an experienced filmmaker wanting an update to all the latest tools and techniques? In either case, join Wetpixel, RED Digital Cinema and Gates Underwater Products in the Bahamas at a unique event this November that aims to explore and expand filmmaker’a skills with cutting edge technologies. We will be diving and filming at Tiger Beach, with the amazing Epic Diving, which in itself is an amazing experience!
Lush commits to using 27 tons of ocean plastic in its packaging
LUSH has committed to using 27 tons of collected ocean plastic in its 100% recycled packaging. The bath product company has been making a name for itself in recent years with its ocean centric charity campaigns including donating a percentage of the proceeds from its “shark fin” soap to Rob Stewart’s documentary. In this latest campaign LUSH has joined forces with Ocean Legacy Foundation to collect the ocean plastic in the waters surrounding its Vancouver headquarters.
- 7.8 earthquake in Solomon Islands, no damage reported (via )
- Underwater photography of Lake Tahoe (via )
- Video of a baby starfish eating and the vortexes of doom it… (via )
- Olympus updates firmware for E-M1, E-M5 Mark II and E-M10 Mark II (via )
- Canon releases firmware update for EOS 5D Mark IV (via )
- Supermoon tide leaves octopus stranded in parking garage (via )
- Japanese ice rink featuring frozen fish in ice shut down right… (via )
- Goliath groupers are making a comeback (via )
- Nikon updates Capture NX, View NX, Camera Control Pro and… (via )
- Photographer sued Facebook for removing EXIF data and won (via )