Call for posts: Favourite image of 2014
Last call for entries: UPY London
Video: Joel Grimes on pricing
Pro advertising photographer Joel Grimes has posted a video giving some hints about pricing images and assignments onto YouTube. Perhaps the most telling sentence is: “At the end of a job, if you have a smile on your face, you have done it right. If you had a smile on your face, you know…. I made a chunk on money on that, it was worth it…”
Happy New Year 2015
Wishing the whole Wetpixel community a very happy (Gregorian) New Year. We hope that you are having/have had an enjoyable day and will have suitable festivities this evening. May 2015 bring you safe diving and travel, plentiful subjects and much pleasure.
New 10 Bar accessories
10 Bar has announced two new products. Firstly, the Universal Grip is a clamp that can be sued to attach GoPros or other accessories onto any bar with a diameter of 0.4cm (5/32”) to 6cm (2.5”). Secondly, the company has released a laser target pointer for use with snoots. It has an auto quench function that will cut the laser when it senses a flash being triggered.
Subal releases housing for D750
Subal has released details and images of their housing for the Nikon D750 camera. Featuring access to most camera controls and a built-in leak detector, the housing is supplied with fiber optic ports for strobe triggering, and can be fitted with optional Nikonos, Ikelite or S6 connectors if required. It is fitted with Subal’s new port lock system as standard.
Announcing the World Shootout 2015
The World Shootout 2015 has announced that it will be accepting entries from 1 January 2015. The contest will accept underwater images taken anywhere in the world between 1 January and 1 November 2015 and offers over $70,000 worth of prizes. The winners will be announced at the BOOT Show, Dusseldorf in January 2016.
Image captures thresher shark birth
- Apple updates FCPX, Compressor, Motion (via )
- DSTRUX brings control to sharing images online (via )
- Shark week is more dangerous than sharks (via )
- NG photo of the day by Mike Korostolev (via )
- World’s fastest camera shoots at 4.4 trillion frames per… (via )
- Australian humpback dolphin is world’s newest dolphin… (via )
- Baby whale saved from Australian shark net (via )
- Showing sharks in a positive light by George Probst (via )
- Apple expands OS X Mavericks raw support (via )
- Photographer Michael Muller takes over Discovery Instagram for… (via )