Wetpixel/Mustard Lembeh Macro Workshop 2018
Wetpixel and Alex Mustard will be returning to Lembeh Resort for their third series of macro workshops in October 2018 . Very much a “hands on” learning experience, the workshop focuses on developing, improving and enhancing the participant’s skills as macro photographers. The images produced during the previous workshops are still being seen at the awards ceremonies of many competitions and in publications.
Tilikum the Orca, subject of the Blackfish documentary, has died
Tilikum, the subject of the infamous Sea World documentary Blackfish, has died. The announcement comes on the heels of the termination of Sea World California killer whale performances less than a week ago. Tilikum made world headlines in 2010 when he killed trainer Dawn Brancheau. He had previously been implicated in two deaths in the nineties as well.
Sea&Sea announces new housing for EOS 5D Mark IV
Sea&Sea has announced their housing for the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV camera. It is compatible with a YS Optical converter that will be released in February, and features a redesigned AF Lock lever. Also announced is the company’s new V5 vacuum leak detection system.
Dell announces 32 inch 8K monitor
Kodak Reintroduces Ektachrome film
Students find therapy in underwater photography
In 2010, teacher Ben Thwaits started the In A New Light nature photography program at Northwest Passage. The beauty of this story is that Northwest Passage is no ordinary school, it is a treatment program for young people battling mental illness, and the nature photography he teaches is not your average backyard nature photography, it is underwater photography.
Quick Tutorial: Adding Keywords with Less Hassle
This week’s Lightroom Coffee Break is entitled “Adding Keywords with Less Hassle” and offers a simple technique that saves a lot of time when keyboarding images in the program. Simply, once you have entered a keyword into the window, pressing the Command (Control) key acts as a modifier that then moves the selection directly on to the next image.
Canon announces new cameras at CES
- Olympus updates firmware for E-M1, E-M5 Mark II and E-M10 Mark II (via )
- Canon releases firmware update for EOS 5D Mark IV (via )
- Supermoon tide leaves octopus stranded in parking garage (via )
- Japanese ice rink featuring frozen fish in ice shut down right… (via )
- Goliath groupers are making a comeback (via )
- Nikon updates Capture NX, View NX, Camera Control Pro and… (via )
- Photographer sued Facebook for removing EXIF data and won (via )
- Sony updates a7 Mark II firmware to 3.30 (via )
- Canon launches gray/brown version of Rebel T6 dSLR (via )
- Special deal on Creative Cloud Photography plan at Amazon (via )