Late availability: Sperm whales with Keri Wilk
Our friend and fellow underwater photographer Keri Wilk, has a very few spaces left to fill on his trips to Dominica this March. The goal of the trips is to interact and photograph the sperm whales (Physeter macrocephalus) that are resident there. Keri has several of the much sought-after permits that allow people to get in the water with the whales. These make his trip a very unique experience, and the free spaces represent an amazing opportunity for someone.
Nauticam ships NA-G7X housing
Nauticam has announced their housing for the Canon Powershot G7 X compact camera. It is the first of the company’s housing to feature their new N50 port system, which offers interchangeable ports for compact cameras. The aim is to feature a range of ports tailored for specific applications and camera models
2014 Ocean Art Competition winners announced
Nikon announces the D5500 SLR camera
Nikon has announced the release of the D5500 SLR camera. It features the 24.2-million pixels, a Nikon DX-format CMOS sensor, and the EXPEED 4 image-processing engine. Native ISO is from 100 to 25600. Although not of use particularly for underwater image makers, it also has a tilting touch screen LCD control and built-in wifi.
Ikelite announces magnifying viewfinders
Ikelite has announced the mid-January release of two magnifying viewfinders for their housings. The two models are a straight and a 45° version. The 45° viewfinder has two versions, one with more clearance for housings that have controls that stick out more.
Por el planeta photo competition now open for entries
Por el planeta wildlife, nature and conservation photo competition is now open for entries. The competition is convened by Mexico, but is open to entrants around the world. With over $300,000 US in prizes, including a $100,000 prize for first place, this is a photo competition not to miss.
Call for posts: Favourite image of 2014
Last call for entries: UPY London
- A statement from the “selfie” monkey (via )
- GoPro releases tutorial Field Guide (via )
- Instagram releases Hyperlapse (via )
- Nikon releases firmware updates for D90, D7000, D7100, D600,… (via )
- Twitter users confuse Sir David Attenborough with his now… (via )
- Massive number of By-The-Wind-Sailor jellies cover water surface (via )
- Apple updates FCPX, Compressor, Motion (via )
- DSTRUX brings control to sharing images online (via )
- Shark week is more dangerous than sharks (via )
- NG photo of the day by Mike Korostolev (via )