Happy New Year 2015
Wishing the whole Wetpixel community a very happy (Gregorian) New Year. We hope that you are having/have had an enjoyable day and will have suitable festivities this evening. May 2015 bring you safe diving and travel, plentiful subjects and much pleasure.
New 10 Bar accessories
10 Bar has announced two new products. Firstly, the Universal Grip is a clamp that can be sued to attach GoPros or other accessories onto any bar with a diameter of 0.4cm (5/32”) to 6cm (2.5”). Secondly, the company has released a laser target pointer for use with snoots. It has an auto quench function that will cut the laser when it senses a flash being triggered.
Subal releases housing for D750
Subal has released details and images of their housing for the Nikon D750 camera. Featuring access to most camera controls and a built-in leak detector, the housing is supplied with fiber optic ports for strobe triggering, and can be fitted with optional Nikonos, Ikelite or S6 connectors if required. It is fitted with Subal’s new port lock system as standard.
Announcing the World Shootout 2015
The World Shootout 2015 has announced that it will be accepting entries from 1 January 2015. The contest will accept underwater images taken anywhere in the world between 1 January and 1 November 2015 and offers over $70,000 worth of prizes. The winners will be announced at the BOOT Show, Dusseldorf in January 2016.
Image captures thresher shark birth
RIP Valerie de la Valdene
Underwater filmmaker Valerie de la Valdene died as a result of a gunshot in the three-story home she rented in Puerto Ayora on the Galapagos Islands on 5 July 2014. Valerie shot 70 segments for the television show The Aquanauts in the 90s and was the focus of “Primal Scream” on Discovery Channel, which was heavily promoted to tie in with the film, “Open Water”. Our thoughts go out to her family and friends.
Inon announces 5 degree LED flashlight
Inon has just announced the release of the LF-800 N, a super narrow beamed LED flashlight (5 degrees). The flashlight runs on 3 AA batteries and has a maximum output of 800 lumens.
Optical corrector port tests posted in forum
- Instagram releases Hyperlapse (via )
- Nikon releases firmware updates for D90, D7000, D7100, D600,… (via )
- Twitter users confuse Sir David Attenborough with his now… (via )
- Massive number of By-The-Wind-Sailor jellies cover water surface (via )
- Apple updates FCPX, Compressor, Motion (via )
- DSTRUX brings control to sharing images online (via )
- Shark week is more dangerous than sharks (via )
- NG photo of the day by Mike Korostolev (via )
- World’s fastest camera shoots at 4.4 trillion frames per… (via )
- Australian humpback dolphin is world’s newest dolphin… (via )