Image: Banggai Cardinalfish by Billy Watson
Wetpixel asks the Pros: Wide-angle 1
In the second article of our “Ask the Pros” column, we have focused on wide-angle photography techniques. The subject is a huge one, and it was difficult to narrow it down to a manageable number of questions, so it is likely that we will revisit the topic at a later date. We are incredibly lucky to have so many busy professionals willingly sharing their techniques with the Wetpixel community. From us to all of them: Thank You!
Opah found to be first warm-blooded fish
Interview: Brian Skerry on photographing dolphins
Wetpixel featured a gallery of images from photographer Brian Skerry’s article in the May issue of National Geographic Magazine. Wetpixel was able to catch Brian during one of his brief periods when he has internet access and ask him a few questions about the article, shooting for National Geographic and dolphins….
Aquatica releases D7200 compatibility notice
Aquatica has issued a press release clarifying the company’s position regarding the compatibility of their AD7100 housing for use with the Nikon D7200. It states that the AD7100 is fully compatible with the newer camera and that Aquatica do not plan to offer a new housing for the D7200.
Nauticam ships the NA-D7200
Nauticam are shipping their housing for the Nikon D7200 SLR camera. The NA-D7200 is 15% lighter than the NA-D7000, has improved ergonomics and the company’s vacuum electronics are factory installed. It also features a redesigned camera saddle with a vacuum system reset button and access to the camera’s programmable Fn button.
Video: Circling sharks, colourful nudibranchs and a cruising turtle
Story behind a viral great white shark shot
The story behind the latest viral image of a great white shark and an underwater camera involves filmmaker Dave Riggs and his crew who were filming for Discovery Channel off South Australia. Crew member Luke Thom captured a 13.5 foot female great white shark inspecting the boat with an underwater camera housing in the foreground for scale.
- Stephen Frink interviewed on Fotoflock (via )
- Nikon updates D750 firmware C to 1.01 (via )
- Nikon updates D810 firmware C to version 1.02 (via )
- New image format BPG may be set to replace the JPG (via )
- Breeding protections for bluefin tuna (via )
- Adobe updates Lightroom to 5.7.1 (via )
- Adobe releases Camera RAW version 8.7.1 (via )
- The story of an underwater ballroom, a swindler and death by… (via )
- Biodegradable fishing nets with tracking devices to cut down on… (via )
- Sony’s underwater store is 12 feet deep (via )