Sealux ships housing for the Sony AX100
Sealux has announced their housing for the Sony FDR-AX100/HDR-CX900. The housing features a monitor back plate that allows for viewing of the camera’s LCD, and a large 90mm bayonet mount to allow for the 74° wide-angle lens.
Sea&Sea announces housing for the Sony a6000
Sea&Sea has announced their housing for the Sony a6000 mirrorless camera. The company has designed a new ML mount for ports and provides support Sony 16mm f/2.8 Wide Angle lens, Sony 30mm f/3.5 Macro lens, Sony 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 Zoom lens and Sony 10-18mm Wide Angle Zoom lens. It offers support for fiber optic strobe triggering and the camera’s LCD can be tilted 10° for improved viewing.
Two viral videos about the amazing Mantis Shrimp
As underwater photographers, we know enough about mantis shrimps that we exercise caution when photographing them. But did you know mantis shrimps and Pringles potato chips share something in common? Here are two viral and informative videos about these amazing critters that took over the internet this week. (Image from Shutterstock).
Video: The Great Blue by Howard Hall
Video: Endless Blue by Joe Romeiro
Joe Romeiro of 333 Productions has posted some stunning footage of blue sharks (Prionace glauca) filmed in Rhode Island. He has now done several night shoots with the blues, the sharks are very interested by the lights and the camera electronics so it is not something he would recommend!
Hack allows Sony F5 to record 4K internally
Alert Diver seeks votes for its cover image
The fall edition of Alert Diver magazine will feature a portfolio of images from the Bahamas Underwater Photo Week. To celebrate this, the magazine is seeking readers to vote for their choice of cover image. The two images chosen are either of a Nassau Grouper (Epinephelus striatus) from San Salvador, or spotted dolphins (Stenella attenuata) from Bimini. Please head on over to Alert Diver online to vote for your favorite.
Report: NUPG Splash-In 2014
- Underwater Photography magazine issue 78 is available (via )
- Blue footed booby population declines in Galapagos (via )
- Seals in Farne Islands filmed with GoPro (via )
- Dead blue whale could explode soon (via )
- Nikon updates D4s firmware to C:1.01 (via )
- How plastic bags end up in ocean garbage patches (via )
- Up to 32 percent of seafood in US caught illegally (via )
- David Doubilet split shot NG photo of the day (via )
- Are we using too much Photoshop? (via )
- 325 million year old shark fossil discovered (via )