Nauticam releases the NA-5D Mk III Deep housing
Video: Amazing Whales of Foa Island, Ha’apai by Darren Rice
Aquatica previews the AD810 housing for Nikon D810
Aquatica has announced that it is working on a housing for the Nikon D810 SLR. Amongst the features planned are access to Fn and Pre buttons, thumb activated ISO lever, and an internal flash enable/disable. It will also have multiple bulkheads. AE/AF and AF ON buttons are locked by a collar.
The underwater project by Jeremy Ferris
Jeremy Ferris, an Australian based underwater photographer, combines models in flowing dresses underwater along with animals to bring awareness to our oceans.
GoPro releases HERO4
GoPro have officially announced their new HERO4 models with an expected shipping date of 5 October. The HERO4 Black features 4K video and the silver has a built-in touchscreen. Both feature improved user interfaces and manual control of “Color, Sharpness, ISO Limit, and Exposure” in Protune. Lastly the company has released a budget camera, the HERO.
Philip Bloom posts review of GoPro HERO4
Philip Bloom has started a “real world evolving review” of the GoPro HERO4, which lends credence to the many rumors about its imminent release. In his review, he has posted the specifications for the new POV cam and it is confirmed that it will shoot at 4K resolution in 30,25 and 24 fps, with a 4K “SuperView” mode available in 24fps. (Image by Philip Bloom)
Review: Reikan FoCal Pro AF calibration software
Wetpixel Editor Adam Hanlon presents a review of Reikan FoCal Autofocus fine tuning software. High resolution digital cameras tend to show any flaws that are present in the lens, and minute differences in manufacturing tolerances in both lenses and cameras can result in sub optimum results. Calibration software can be used to correct these idiosyncrasies, and FoCal offers a fully automated solution.
Image: Walrus by Franco Banfi
- Adobe releases Camera Raw 8.5 RC (via )
- Anima Mundi issue 15 is available to download (via )
- Olympus updates E-M1 firmware to v.1.4 and E-M10 to v.1.1 (via )
- Dumbo octopus footage capture by NOAA Okeanos (via )
- Nikon demonstrates new lens coating (via )
- Interview with a National Geographic photo editor (via )
- Has Columbus’ Santa Maria been discovered? (via )
- Komo News 2014 UW photo contest winners (via )
- Project to replace scuba tanks with solid air wins prize (via )
- 103-year old orca spotted in wild (via )