Video: Canon Master Darren Jew
Untitled Film Works, was invited by Canon to travel to Tonga and capture underwater photographer Darren Jew’s journey. Darren has returned to the islands many times over the years to capture iconic images of the humpback whales that congregate from July through September to court, mate and calve.
Anchovies bring Humpbacks to Monterey Bay
Two men save beached Greenland shark
Two men on Newfoundland’s northeast coast managed to save a beached Greenland shark. The story goes that they also saved the shark from choking on a large piece of moose meat.
Sea & Sea releases their housing for EOS 70D
Sea & Sea has released details of their MDX housing for the Canon EOS 70D. It can be fitted with their new Optical YS converter, has a redesigned port lock which can be operated from the outside of the housing and the housing’s 8 way multi selector mimics the camera’s control.
Teaser Trailer for Of Shark and Man
A teaser trailer for the full length documentary Of Shark and Man by David Diley. The film will uncover the inspiring untold story of Shark Reef in Fiji, one of the greatest conservation successes of recent times, where a dead reef was brought back to life by the return of its sharks.
Special offer: Creative Cloud for Photographers
Adobe has announced that between now and 2 December 2013, it will relax its requirement that a user must own a copy of the Creative Suite in order to have access to its $9.99/month Creative Cloud for Photographer package.
Gates releases housing for Sony Z100
Gates Underwater Products has released details of their new housing for the Sony Z100 4K professional camera. It features full access to controls via their signature mechanical controls, including manual focus, iris and white balance. Buoyancy and trim can be adjusted via the use of trim weights, and the housing can be outfitted with an HD-SDI surface feed.
Image: Steve Rosenberg’s juvenile loggerhead
- Newspaper removes all photos to support photographers (via )
- Amy Smart on cleaning up ocean plastic (via )
- Adobe Lightroom 5.3 and Camera RAW 8.3 release candidates… (via )
- Rare Right Whale spotted in Victoria BC (via )
- Underwater Photography magazine issue 75 available to download (via )
- November issue of DIVE magazine available to download (via )
- Ze Frank’s true facts of the cuttlefish (via )
- Pacific ocean warming fastest in 10,000 years (via )
- New dolphin species discovered off Australia (via )
- Asian carp reproducing in Great Lakes (via )