Canon announces 4 new compact models
Canon has announced 4 new compact cameras in its PowerShot range. Key new models for underwater use are the G16 and the S120. Both cameras feature improved AF performance and DIGIC 6 image processors with a 12.1-megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS image sensors.
Research suggests coral reefs can be restored
Nauticam releases carbon fiber buoyancy arms
Nauticam has announced the release of a series of tubular carbon fiber buoyancy arms. Fitted with a 1” ball, the arms are available in 2.3” and 3.5” diameters and in lengths from 6” to 12”.
RIP Captain Chris Senetra
Some very sad news from Bird’s Underwater of Crystal River, Florida. Captain Chris Senetra died of a heart attack following an early morning manatee tour yesterday. For many visiting the area to swim, photograph and interact with the manatees, Captain Chris was a guide, expert and advocate. Our thoughts go out to her family and friends.
Video: Scillies seals
Underwater images without getting wet
RED CEO resigns
Samy’s Camera ventures underwater
Photographic retailer Samy’s Camera is now offering a range of underwater housings and products. In addition to retail, Samy’s plans to offer underwater imaging related workshops, classes and trips.
- Scientists discover shark spawning ground off Scotland (via BBC)
- Alien Skin updates Exposure 5 plug in (via )
- Secrets of breath holding mammals revealed (via )
- Build your own plastic camera (via )
- Sylvia Earle’s latest blog post on Huffington Post Green (via )
- UW photos of Bryde’s whale in full balloon mode (via )
- Coca Rocha talks about using moving cinemagraphs (via )
- David duChemin on being more creative (via )
- The Daily Mail features the results of DEEP Indonesia (via )
- Windows adds raw support for 22 cameras (via )