Video: Canon EOS 1D X Mark II in the wild
Hands on: Nikon D5 and D500 cameras
Nikon Professional Services UK held their first launch event for the new D5 and D500 SLR cameras in Manchester, UK yesterday. Wetpixel was on hand to take some pictures of the new cameras and to report on the event.
Call for entries: BigPicture 2016
The BigPicture Natural World Photography Contest is calling for entries. There are numerous categories, including one for “Aquatic Life” and a portfolio contest on Coral Reefs. Entries are open now, and close on 31 March. There is a a discounted entry fee available until 14 February.
Report: BOOT Show 2016
The BOOT show is the world’s largest watersports show. Among the 14 giant halls that the show occupies at Messe Dusseldorf, Germany, is hall 3, which plays host to the scuba diving industry. Further tucked into this space are exhibitors showing underwater imaging gear. Check out Wetpixel’s live reports from the event.
Canon announces EOS 1D X Mark II
Behind the Shot: Konrad Malek
Paul Allen’s mega yacht destroys large percentage of protected reef in Cayman Islands
The 300-foot mega yacht of Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen, MV Tatoosh, reportedly dragged its anchor and destroyed 80 percent of a protected reef in the Cayman Islands. The reef, known as the West Bay Replenishment Zone, has been protected for 30 years.
Olympus announces the PEN-F
Olympus has announced the PEN F mirrorless micro 4/3s camera. It features retro styling, based on the original PEN-F that was released in 1963. The new camera has a 20MP sensor, 5 axis image stabilization and a OLED viewfinder. It claims the fastest shutter release time of any compact and several AF modes.
- Apple releases version 6.05 of Raw compatibility software (via )
- Nikon D750 advisory for shutter shading (via )
- Outdoor Photographer magazine sold to Madavor Media (via )
- Volunteer Divers Needed for Giant Sea Bass Count August 1-16,… (via )
- Atomos upgrades Shogun firmware to AtomOS6.4 (via )
- Obama administration delivers blow to Shell’s Arctic drilling… (via )
- The most common vertebrate in the world is a fish (via )
- Adobe Dehaze: a tool for dealing with backscatter (via )
- Facebook unveils new Snapchat-esque photo editing (via )
- Starfish excrete foreign bodies through their arms (via )