Video: Cristina Zenato taming the untamed
British Virgin Islands announces shark sanctuary
The British Virgin Islands, which is comprised of approximately 60 islands and cays, has announce plans to protect shark species by creating a shark sanctuary within its waters. All commercial fishing of all shark species in the waters of the BVIs will be banned. Image from Shutterstock.
Subal announces housing for Olympus O-MD E-M1
Subal has announced the imminent release of their housing for the Olympus OM-D E-M1 mirrorless camera. It is compatible with a wide range of micro 4/3 lenses and can allows for strobe triggering via fiber-optic ports. It can be fitted with an optional bulkhead for electronic triggering.
Call for entrants: Lundy Island Splash in
The fifth annual Lundy Island Splash in is calling for entrants. The island, off the North Devon coast, is home to some of the UK’s best diving and underwater photographic opportunities, including a rookery of lively grey seals (Halichoerus grypus). The event is being held on 5 June.
Insight: The Nikonos RS 13mm conversion
Video: Angel Ray by Howard Hall
Live coverage of Bahamas Underwater Photo Week
From 24 to 31 May, there is a very special underwater imaging event being held in the Bahamas. Alert Diver’s Bahamas Underwater Photo Week aims “to capture a week in the underwater life of the Bahamas” and features 4 professional underwater photographers and 1 filmmaker who will all will be capturing images in 10 separate location throughout the Islands.
Video: Lost in Jellyfish Lake
- Underwater photography tips from Outside magazine (via )
- Video: Amateur photographer tracks the decline in mirrorless… (via )
- New suit allows diving to 1,000 feet (305m) (via )
- Best UW compact cameras 2014 (via )
- Bloomberg’s Vibrant Oceans invests 53M (via )
- Full contact whale watching (via )
- Chilean fossil whale graveyard explained (via BBC)
- Australian divers rescue shark (via )
- Ancient uw forest to become marine sanctuary (via )
- NG photo editor on listening to your inner voice (via )