Video: Just Like You by Rafa Herrero
Rafa Herrero has posted his amazing short film and call to action “Just Like You” on the Wetpixel forums. By visually comparing a world champion freediver to pilot whales, he points out the similarities between him and whale. This then calls into question our ongoing hunting of whales.
Nikon confirms D5 plans
In a press release, Nikon USA has confirmed that it plans to launch a new FX format pro camera body. The D5: will offer professional photographers an even higher level of performance and image quality.” The specifications and launch date of the new camera have not yet been announced.
Video: Earth Touch Manta Ray somersaults
Borneo from Below: Baby Turtle Volcano
Borneo From Below has released episode 16 online. This week, Bertie is present to observe the hatching of a relocated nest of sea turtle eggs that he assisted in relocation. This week’s episode is titled, “Baby Turtle Volcano”.
View from a Blue Moon premieres
Surfer John Florence and Director Blake Vincent Kueny are releasing the first surf film that has been filmed entirely in 4K resolution. “View from a Blue Moon” features footage of Florence and others surfing around the globe and has been described as “possibly the most exquisite surf movie ever made”.
Alan C Egan: Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus but Jupiter has tiger sharks
Photographer and Wetpixel member Alan C Egan has written a short article, accompanied by his images, about tiger shark diving at Jupiter, Florida. The presence of these sharks has only relatively recently been documented, and the reasons for their presence are still largely unknown. They represent a unique photographic subject for divers in Florida.
Adobe releases Lightroom 2015.3/6.3
Adobe has released Lightroom version 2015.3/6.3. Included in this release is local dehaze adjustments and support for several compact and mirrorless cameras, as well as 48 new lenses. It also addresses a list of bugs that were introduced with the ill-fated 2015.2/6.2 release. Perhaps most pertinently, the familiar import experience has been restored, allowing users to continue with their existing workflows.
Results: Open Fotosub Tenerife Güímar 2015
- Dolphin therapy and swimming with dolphins (via African Diver)
- Bull shark research in Mozambique - 3 Fathoms (via African Diver)
- Dive China 2013 (via African Diver)
- Conservation in Mozambique - Eyes on the Horizon (via African Diver)
- DRT Show - World-class DIVING, RESORT & TRAVEL EXPO on December… (via African Diver)
- If August was bad November was worse! 4 mantas killed by gill… (via African Diver)
- Issue 25 now available (via African Diver)
- In Pictures: Cracking croc scales (via BBC)
- DIVEMAG English Issue 10 (via )
- In pictures: A kingdom of colour (via BBC)