Hurricane Patricia to hit Mexico
Hurricane Patricia is about to make landfall on the Mexican Pacific coast. The storm has strengthened and the BBC is reporting that it is now the “strongest storm to hit the Americas”. For all those that are in the path of the storm, we hope that you and your loved ones are in a place of safety. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you.
Call for entries: World Shootout 2015
The World Shootout is calling for entries. The contest is actually three competitions rolled into one: The real-time shootout accepts any image that has been shot underwater between 1 January and 1 November 2015. The Global Championship is a national team event based around the same concept, and the Video Clips of the World category accepts any video clip, shot underwater at any time and in any place in the world.
New World Publications releases second edition of Reef Fish ID-Tropical Pacific
New World Publications has announced the release of the second edition of their seminal “Reef Fish Identification Tropical Pacific” guide. Co-authored by Gerald Allen, Roger Steene, Paul Humann and Ned DeLoach, it features 2,000 species with over 2,500 photographs, an increase of 200 more species over the first edition. Designed to be user friendly, it utilizes color-coded identification groups and both common and scientific names.
Recea ships HERO4 Session housing
Recsea has released a housing for the GoPro HERO4 Session POV camera. Featuring a maximum depth of 300m (984 feet), the housing offers full camera function control and is machined from aluminum. Recsea can also supply color-correcting filters for the housing.
Video: Behind the scenes with Zena Holloway
Borneo from Below: Photographing Paradise
The latest Borneo from Below episode has been released. This week Bertie sets out in pursuit of five iconic underwater travel photographs in the waters surrounding Borneo.
Seacam ships Prelude housing for D750 and 7D Mark II
Zen Underwater updates its 230mm dome port for Nauticam
Zen Underwater](http://www.zenunderwater.com/index.php) has announced that they have discontinued their original DP230 glass dome with Nauticam bayonet fitting. Its replacement, the DP-230-N120-1124 features a larger inner diameter to accommodate the Canon 11-24 lens, when used in conjunction with the Nauticam 70mm extension specifically designed for it. The new port also ships with a user installable locking tab to allow it to be used with other Nauticam extension rings.
- Video of the Week: “Life of a Wave Photographer” (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Rumors: Post CP+ Show Speculation for Nikon and Canon DSLRs (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Video: Photographing Antarctic’s Leopard Seal (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Mobile Photography Awards Feature Stunning Pics (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Canon Announces Firmware Update for EOS 1D-C (via DivePhotoGuide)
- DPG Announces December Monthly Contest Winners (via DivePhotoGuide)
- In Photos: The Hammerhead (via DivePhotoGuide)
- First Signs of Life Discovered in Antarctica’s Lake Whillans (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Shark Man serious after crash (via African Diver)
- How do you give a polar bear a ‘medical’? (via BBC)