China’s largest airline bans shark fin cargo
China’s largest airline says it is taking a stand for animal conservation. China Southern Airlines will no longer transport shark fin as cargo in the company’s efforts to support conservation efforts. The company is based in Guangzhou, which is the world’s largest trading hub for shark fin The move will have a significant effect on transporting shark fin. Image from Shutterstock.
Call for Entries: SDUFEX 2017
Season 2 of Tales by Light on Netflix
Season 2 of Tales by Light will be released on Netflix on 21 April. Filmed in conjunction with Canon Australia and National Geographic Australia, it features an episode about Wetpixel Publisher Eric Cheng, photographing orcas in Norway, anacondas in Brazil and tiger sharks in the Bahamas.
Canon announces C-Log upgrade for EOS 5D Mark IV
Canon has officially announced the much rumoured upgrade for the EOS 5D Mark IV which incorporates Canon Log. The upgrade will be performed by Canon Service Centers from July and will cost $100. Using the new upgrade when shooting video will produce a cinematic look that captures maximum dynamic range and responds well to post processing and color grading.
LaCie provides new storage solutions
Panasonic announces Leica 8-18mm lens
Adobe releases updates to CC video apps
Prior to the 2017 NAB Show, Adobe has announced a series of updates to its CC video apps. Premiere Pro, Media Encoder, After Effects and Audition all benefit from workflow and feature enhancements. The updates are free to Creative Cloud subscribers via the CC update mechanism or from the CC website.
Sony announces the α9 full frame mirrorless camera
Sony has announced the α9 full frame mirrorless camera. It features a 24.2 MP 35mm full-frame stacked Exmor RS™ CMOS sensor with a BIONZ X processing engine giving a native ISO range of 100 – 51200. It has a hybrid AF system with a claimed 25% faster performance than that of the α7R II. Video is 4K, with the camera using full pixel readout without pixel binning to collect 6K of information, oversampling it to produce 4K footage.
- Photographer sued Facebook for removing EXIF data and won (via )
- Sony updates a7 Mark II firmware to 3.30 (via )
- Canon launches gray/brown version of Rebel T6 dSLR (via )
- Special deal on Creative Cloud Photography plan at Amazon (via )
- Canon announces firmware updates for C300 (via )
- Nikon updates D500 C firmware to 1.11 (via )
- Video: South Africa’s sardine run (via )
- Vibrations from whale songs detected more than 650 feet away (via )
- Apple drops price on USB-C cables (via )
- Two-headed sharks keep turning up (via )