Join team Gulen for the SHOOTOUT
Aditech ships MVHS-AX700 housing
Join Wetpixel in Guadalupe this August
Mega colony of 1.5 million penguins discovered by drone in Antarctic
An enormous colony of more than 1.5 million Adelie penguins was discovered in the Antarctic. The massive colonies of penguins were found in the Danger Islands which lie in the Weddell Sea. The area is difficult to reach and is rarely visited. Scientists studying satellite images found what appeared to be never before seen nesting pairs of penguins, 751,527 pairs to be exact.
State Department issues travel warning for Yucatan
The U. S. Embassy in Mexico City, Mexico has issued a warning about using passenger ferries from Playa del Carmen to Cozumel, Qintana Roo, Mexico. On 21 February, a bomb was detonated on a Barcos Caribe ferry whilst passengers were disembarking, causing 26 injuries. On 1 March, another vessel from the same fleet was found to have explosive devices which were made safe. (Stock Image. Ultramar ferries were not affected by the recent attack)
RIP Dan Auber
Professional and underwater photographer Dan Auber died at his Oceanside home last Thursday. Well known among the Californian underwater photography scene, Dan had a photographic career spanning over 40 years. The Wetpixel community send its sincere condolences to his family and friends.
RIP Art Haseltine
Seacam announces Silver D850 housing
Seacam has released their housing for the Nikon D850. It features 5 M16 ports for strobe triggering or accessories, compatibility with Seacam’s magnifying viewfinders and their unique combined lever for accessing ISO and AF ON the left thumb.
- Nikon releases NEF Codec version 1.31.0 (via )
- Sony updates a9 firmware to version 1.01 (via )
- Canon releases firmware v1.1.2 for EOS 7D Mark II (via )
- There are dolphins in the Potomac River (via )
- Scientists determine 79-foot blue whale in Bolinas killed by… (via )
- Nikon updates Capture NX D and other apps (via )
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro to 10.3.4 (via )
- Sharks exhibit at National Geographic Museum starting this week… (via )
- DJI’s new Spark drone (via )
- Camera Raw 9.10.1 now available (via )