Sea&Sea announces the YS-D2 strobe
Sea&Sea has announced the YS-D2 strobe. Featuring a guide number of 32 (24 with 100° or 20 with 120° diffusers attached), it offers DS-TTLII mode which includes slave TTL and slave manual modes. It has a color temp of 5250°K, offers 200 flashes from a set of 4 NiMh batteries, with a recycle time of 1.5sec.
RED shows H20 OLPF footage
Wetpixel member and staffer at RED, Sean Ruggeri, has posted some video showing the results of using RED’s new optical low pass filter that has been specifically designed for use with the RED DRAGON® sensor to help color correct underwater. Interchangeable optical low pass filters are a new feature on the RED Dragon.
Sony ships 90mm macro lens
Behind the scenes of Von Wong’s photo shoot 30m deep
Issue 67 of X-Ray Mag available
X-Ray Magazine issue 67 is now available to download. It features Kurt Amsler’s images and story about the birth of a sperm whale as well as articles about Diving Papua New Guinea’s Witu Islands & Fathers Reefs, the Medes Islands of Spain’s Costa Brava, Austria’s Traunsee, the Thousand Islands of St. Lawrence River.
Sealux announces housing for Sony FS7
Sealux has announced a housing for the Sony PXW-FS7 4K Super 35mm XDCAM camera. It is compatible with the built-in LCD monitor or, if it is used with an external monitor, the housing can be downsized. The housing offers full manual control and access to the camera’s right hand keypad.
New book: Glass and Water by Mark Harris
Mark Harris has authored a book specifically aimed at capturing images underwater while freediving. Glass and Water covers both using and adapting both freediving and photographic equipment, techniques specific to breath hold photography and a series of images created by eminent photographers. The last section includes the author’s “Virtual Dive” which “pulls together everything covered in the book”.
Canon announces lens compatibility for 5DS and 5DS R
- Sony Updates Firmware for NEX Series (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Nauticam Announces Housing for Sony NEX 6 (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Indonesia: WWF's Lida Pet-Soede on Overfishing (via DivePhotoGuide)
- RIP Point-and-Shoots? (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Top 10 DPG Features from 2012 (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Sentencing of shark catcher welcomed (via African Diver)
- British Wildlife Photography Awards Now Open (via DivePhotoGuide)
- New York Underwater Photography Society Meeting: Adding Divers… (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Video of the Week: “Life of a Wave Photographer” (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Rumors: Post CP+ Show Speculation for Nikon and Canon DSLRs (via DivePhotoGuide)